Author Topic: Regiment Please  (Read 1047 times)

Offline suenicklin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Regiment Please
« on: Friday 14 July 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
Could anyone recognise this uniform please.
Regards
Sue Nicklin
Immediate interest is:
Procter,(Congleton) Stonehewer (Cheshire), Amphlett, Fallows (Hanley), Ansell (Chebsey), McGraw,& Degg(Longton),  Mayer, Gent, Stoke-on Trent. Kennedy (Manchester) Mayer (Alsager)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Regiment Please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 July 17 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, I would say it's the "North Staffordshire Regiment".

I am sure someone will be along to say yes or no.

Regards
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 July 17 22:18 BST (UK) »
I will say I agree with Frank.

maxD

I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline suenicklin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 July 17 22:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you. Would you know if North Staffordshire Regiment uniform for WW1 was the same as WW2 please. A bit of confusion in the family.
Regards
Sue Nicklin
Immediate interest is:
Procter,(Congleton) Stonehewer (Cheshire), Amphlett, Fallows (Hanley), Ansell (Chebsey), McGraw,& Degg(Longton),  Mayer, Gent, Stoke-on Trent. Kennedy (Manchester) Mayer (Alsager)

Offline suenicklin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 July 17 22:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry pictures didn't attach. Do you think this is the same person and uniform as the first picture please.
Immediate interest is:

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 July 17 10:06 BST (UK) »
Same man - ducking out of answering really, don't know!

Uniforms - they were different.  WW2 battledress main difference is a blouse type top, map pocket on the trousers. 
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=WW2+Battle+dress&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB703GB703&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4xLqu9YrVAhWsBsAKHbfeDS0Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=950

The G Procter pics are the WW1 era.  The cap badge looks like Army Service Corps - what was his full name?

The first pic is not very clear.  At first sight it does look WW1 vintage although the dark appearance could lead me to persuade myself that it might be a later dress uniform https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=WW2+Battle+dress&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB703GB703&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4xLqu9YrVAhWsBsAKHbfeDS0Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=950#tbm=isch&q=army+No+I+Dress+(Blues).  Ready to be shot down on that, the collar shape not quite right and the dark appearance something to do with the photo itself.

Not totally helpful perhaps?

maxD

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk

Offline suenicklin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 July 17 10:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help The first picture Norman Procter WW2. George William Procter his father WW1.
Regards Sue Nicklin
Immediate interest is:

Offline suenicklin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 July 17 10:43 BST (UK) »
Oops sorry the two pictures are of the same person George William Procter  I posted on a different page his sons picture.
Immediate interest is:

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 July 17 10:52 BST (UK) »
There are two sets of medal records for 2 GW Procters of the Army Service Corps.  They unfortunately don't have any family info to check they are your man.  Any medals in the family of pics with medal ribbons??

maxD

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk