Author Topic: edward Tector Fiddowen Kilkenny  (Read 1163 times)

Offline advent

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
edward Tector Fiddowen Kilkenny
« on: Sunday 13 August 17 18:59 BST (UK) »
I have found Edward Tector (B) 1854/57 in 1891/1901/1911 england & Wales census. His wife is listed as being Ellen. In 1891they resided in Bangor ST.St Marys Walton on the Hill West Derby. Edward age 34 Ellen 29. Daughter Hannah 8. During the period 1891/1901/1911 census all the children are listed as being born in "Bootle". In 1911 census Edward states that he is from Pilstown Co Kilkenny Ireland while his wife states Portlaw Co Waterford Ireland. I cant find marriage of Edward and Ellen on any marriage records for Ireland. Would it be possible for some kind roots chat member to perhaps have a look for me if any marriage records can be found elsewhere possibly "Britain" for this couple.  There is a Edward Tector age 30 residing in Co Kilkenny as a servant to Power family. I believe that he may have connections to the Edward in above census but i cant find his Birt records for the period 1870 73/ Regards

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: edward Tector Fiddowen Kilkenny
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 August 17 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Using the GRO facility for births - now gives mothers maiden surname. In this case Ellen was formerly POWER.

Looking at the last available census it would seem the couple were married c1880
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 August 17 23:54 BST (UK) »
I have found Edward Tector (B) 1854/57 in 1891/1901/1911 england & Wales census. His wife is listed as being Ellen. In 1891they resided in Bangor ST.St Marys Walton on the Hill West Derby. Edward age 34 Ellen 29. Daughter Hannah 8. During the period 1891/1901/1911 census all the children are listed as being born in "Bootle". In 1911 census Edward states that he is from Pilstown Co Kilkenny Ireland while his wife states Portlaw Co Waterford Ireland. I cant find marriage of Edward and Ellen on any marriage records for Ireland. Would it be possible for some kind roots chat member to perhaps have a look for me if any marriage records can be found elsewhere possibly "Britain" for this couple.  There is a Edward Tector age 30 residing in Co Kilkenny as a servant to Power family. I believe that he may have connections to the Edward in above census but i cant find his Birt records for the period 1870 73/ Regards
  www.irishgenealogy.ie for Civil records shows records for Tector births reg district is Carrick On Suir.  There is a record for a William Tector address is Fiddown which is in Piltown district. What denomination were the Tectors? If Roman Catholic the Parish records for Baptisms & Marriages are online free to search www.registers.nli.ie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 August 17 09:03 BST (UK) »
There is a Edward Tector age 30 residing in Co Kilkenny as a servant to Power family. I believe that he may have connections to the Edward in above census but i cant find his Birt records for the period 1870 73
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kilkenny/Pilltown/Brenar/1446539

This looks like him in 1911- age slightly different-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kilkenny/Piltown/Sandpits/564018

Marriage (1907) gives his father as Edward Tector-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1907/10110/5678511.pdf

His 2nd marriage in 1918-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1918/09731/5530942.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 August 17 10:26 BST (UK) »
The R.C. Parish Registers for Owning and Templeorum cover the period Edward Tector was born-
http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0999

There's a slim chance that Edward's wife Ellen Power was connected to this family where the young Edward was in 1901-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kilkenny/Piltown/Brenar/563978

Marriage of Edward Power & Bridget Daly-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1888/10769/5927816.pdf

Added- 1901 census shows all Tectors in Co. Kilkenny born in that county and Church of Ireland (except for the 30 year old Edward).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!