Author Topic: Writing a Blog  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Writing a Blog
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 September 17 10:41 BST (UK) »
Can I mention a teeny weeny criticism with your very interesting blog ?

Every time I click on a link (for e.g. the one about animals) I get taken back to the 'front' page, and have to scroll down for the link .... it works, but its annoying !   

But otherwise .... keep at it; its interesting !

Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 September 17 10:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for firstly taking the time to read the blog and glad you find it interesting. I will take a look at the links and see if I can take you directly to the article you wish to read. I will. openly admit this is a new venture for me and I am learning all the time, so pointing this out is very helpful, thank you
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 September 17 12:29 BST (UK) »
I am trying to add new material on a regular basis, but as mentioned any feedback both positive and negative is always welcome, thanks

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 September 17 13:50 BST (UK) »
Very good blog and very nice idea chiddicks.

I actually write mini biographies on ancestors rather than blogs but doing a blog is something to consider. Also it is a good way to write things down in a blog when trying to clarify something.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 September 17 14:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the compliments.

I like your idea of mini biographies for ancestors, I have tried to use that idea in one of my blogs and I might well expand that idea and choose various ancestors to be the subject of mini-blogs.

Very good blog and very nice idea chiddicks.

I actually write mini biographies on ancestors rather than blogs but doing a blog is something to consider. Also it is a good way to write things down in a blog when trying to clarify something.

Offline Andrew Tarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wanted: Charles Percy Liversidge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 25 September 17 15:53 BST (UK) »
We can't shape history of what went before us, all we can do is shape our future history and be a part of creating a better world, if thats possible.

What we must avoid doing is trying to salve consciences by wiping out memorials to the parts of our past we may be ashamed of - for example the daft suggestion that by removing a statue of Cecil Rhodes things would somehow be improved (and it looks as if it may not stop there).  I should think keeping those reminders serve a better purpose.
Tarr, Tydeman, Liversidge, Bartlett, Young

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 29 September 17 21:10 BST (UK) »
Too many people in all aspects of society pass off opinion as fact. It's about balancing fact and fiction against probability and that's almost impossible to do.

We can't shape history of what went before us, all we can do is shape our future history and be a part of creating a better world, if thats possible.

What we must avoid doing is trying to salve consciences by wiping out memorials to the parts of our past we may be ashamed of - for example the daft suggestion that by removing a statue of Cecil Rhodes things would somehow be improved (and it looks as if it may not stop there).  I should think keeping those reminders serve a better purpose.