Author Topic: New Zealand - looking to find someone  (Read 331 times)

Offline InezK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
New Zealand - looking to find someone
« on: Friday 25 August 17 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hello, I've used Roots Chat very successfully for family history and I wondered if we are able to try to find out about someone that will probably still be alive?
My dad used to be in the Merchant Navy and he used to stay with a family in Timaru (New Zealand) in the 1960's and he lost contact with them and would be interested to know if they are still in the area and send his best wishes. The family was Mr Cyril Thomas (assume deceased) and he had two sons and one daughter,  He is interested to discover if the daughter is still based in the area. We don't know if she married so guess she would no longer have the surname Thomas.

Many thanks- but fully understand if this site is only for family history.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand - looking to find someone
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 August 17 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi InezK

Rootschat is a forum for finding our about our ancestors not reconnecting with missing family and friends and we have a clearly defined 'no living people' policy.

The full name you posted has been removed in accordance with that policy.

Our guidelines for posting include links for tracing living people which may or may not be helpful because of the location

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Other than that, there may be chatters here who can give you hints and tips as to where to look next for more information.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea