Author Topic: William Joseph Bell - Where is grave?  (Read 2920 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William Joseph Bell - Where is grave?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 June 19 10:40 BST (UK) »
Still up against brick wall here.

Question?

GGF died in the Carlisle Infirmary in 1956

would there be NHS archive records of his body being released to an undertaker?

deebel
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 June 19 19:01 BST (UK) »
Are you still looking for the location of the grave? I can check the burial records for the local churches and also the newspaper for a death notice.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 June 19 20:18 BST (UK) »
That would be very helpful. I do have a copy of his death certificate. The complication is that my greatgrandmother died and he moved on to a further relationship of which I have scant detail.

deebel
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 June 19 17:39 BST (UK) »
The attached appeared in the Evening News on Tuesday 3rd Jan 1956. Hope it helps to clear some of your missing info. The church at Warwick on Eden is St Leonard's.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 June 19 21:16 BST (UK) »
Gan Yam,
Fantastic. That is of enormous help. Obviously no time was wasted in making arrangements if he made the evening paper on the day he died!

Thank you.

deebel

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 28 September 19 15:21 BST (UK) »
I now have a death certificate.
The informant is listed as Iris B Ward Neice from Grimsby.

As I may have said GGfather moved on after GGmother died. IBW's full address is given.

I do not have details of that part of his extended family although it would be interesting to find out if they have information / photographs etc. they might share.

deebel

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 September 19 19:25 BST (UK) »
St Leonard’s church was redundant and up for sale in 2017. There may or may not be a gravestone for your ancestor. The records for the church up to 2015 (presumably when the church closed) are held at the Carlisle branch of Cumbria Archives.