Author Topic: 1901 Census Look up-Richard Henderson Hill  (Read 736 times)

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1901 Census Look up-Richard Henderson Hill
« on: Friday 08 September 17 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, would anybody be able to look up the whereabouts /address of Richard Henderson Hill at the time of the 1901 Census? He was born in 1900 and his birth is registered in Birkenhead. At the time of the 1901 census he had two siblings ( Alice Hill born in 1890 and Charles Victor Hill born in 1898 ) Their father was Richard Hill who was a mariner and their mother was Annie Hill. So far I've been unable to locate them. Part of the problem may be that their father may have been out of the country at the time of the census ( I do know that he sailed the Transatlantic route to the States ).

Many thanks,

Pirhana
Dinsdale ( North Yorkshire , Wolverhampton & North Wales) , Alderson ( North Yorkshire )Hill ( Toxteth ) , Morland ( North Yorkshire )  , Simpson ( Nathan- Lead miners North Yorkshire ), Walsh( Midlothian ), Webster ( Henry-Midlothian & Newcastle )

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Look up-Richard Henderson Hill
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 September 17 17:33 BST (UK) »
Charles may be in Birkenhead with Christina Henderson bn C1851 Scotland
RG13 /Piece 3406 f146 p50
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 September 17 17:09 BST (UK) »
To rosie99, many thanks for that. If this is "my" Charles Hill it's interesting that he was visiting someone called Henderson ( Christina ). I wonder if there's any connection between that and his brother's name ( Richard Henderson Hill )Close family friends? Godparent maybe? Thanks again.

Pirhana.
Dinsdale ( North Yorkshire , Wolverhampton & North Wales) , Alderson ( North Yorkshire )Hill ( Toxteth ) , Morland ( North Yorkshire )  , Simpson ( Nathan- Lead miners North Yorkshire ), Walsh( Midlothian ), Webster ( Henry-Midlothian & Newcastle )

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 September 17 17:12 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 September 17 20:53 BST (UK) »
To rosie99-thanks again. I'm now wondering if Christina Henderson with whom Charles Hill was staying  when the 1901 census was conducted is the same Christina Henderson who shows up on the 1881 census in Toxteth Park obviously 20 years younger but stated to be a "Master mariner's wife". Her husband was William and therefore may have known Richard Hill ( father of Charles ) who was also a mariner.

Pirhana