Author Topic: Morton, Hudson, Gibson  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Morton, Hudson, Gibson
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 20:22 BST (UK) »
The brother Alice is living with in 1939 in Edward Gibson.
Have looked into the 1939 register which puts my grandad at the age of 5 living in Abingdon road Berkshire. The strange thing is he was written down as Peter Morton but above it has been changed to blanchford. Surely this would mean that Montague would have known my grandad at at least 5. Grandad is living with a Frank cotmarr born 1878, Ernest j songshaw, Sylvia songshaw born 1909 and 1 other person that says officially closed.
I cant place Doris in the 1939 register there are 4 Doris Morton's that fit but they are at places that she has no connections with. I found Montague in this 1939 register also but he is living with his wife in London.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 20:36 BST (UK) »
I think it would have been added a lot lot later,I have a copy of my family in 1939 and in it is written all their married names they were not married for a long time after, these were amendments
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 20:41 BST (UK) »
Oh i see didnt realise they could change them after, but that does make sense.

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 20:42 BST (UK) »
The officially closed person I'm guessing is because they are or could be still alive but why would I be able to see my grandads name as he is still alive?

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 21:44 BST (UK) »
Have you applied for Grandads original birth 1934 certificate,from the GRO,
if he was born at home it will have his address on ,also it will state who registered his birth
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 21:45 BST (UK) »
I have no access to the 1939 sorry so I can not comment

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 22:19 BST (UK) »
The birth certificate i have for my grandad says registration district newcastle upon Tyne in the sub-district of all saints in the county borough newcastle upon Tyne. It says he was born 20th July 1934. His mum was Doris Morton in section 4 and 6 about the father has a line through. Section 7 says Margaret Jane Morton grandmother present at birth 16 marianople street newcastle. In section 8 when registered it says 1st September 1934 the registrar was v.g Godfrey. At the edge of the birth certificate it says adopted G.Craighill superintendent registrar. At the bottom it is stamped and dated 11th September 1959. My grandad said he went to somerset house in 1959 to get a birth certificate so he could get married to my nan so this must have been copied off the original?

Offline Vicky9284

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 07:38 BST (UK) »
*update* Have found a living relative of my grandads Blanchford side he would be my grandads first cousin once removed. Hopefully they will both be doing the ancestry dna soon so we may finally be able to know if Montague was my grandads real father or not, after all these years which is amazing  :)
I'm still working on trying to find Doris living anywhere after 1937 but have had no luck so far.

Offline feefee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 08 October 17 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicky I have George Morton born Heckley,Alnwick  in my family tree.  I have quite a lot of information about this family and when they went to Newcastle.