Author Topic: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 14: #10 Ruby Wax  (Read 14687 times)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 14: #10 Ruby Wax
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 September 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
I've just emailed the WDYTYA magazine (having just received an email newsletter from them).....a quick response.

"Unfortunately the episode has been delayed; hopefully it will be broadcast in the next few weeks. We'll let you know when we have more information"
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 September 17 12:19 BST (UK) »
WDYTYA doesn't feature in the BBC's top 40 watched on iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/most-popular

Is genealogy losing its grip on the nations viewing? Maybe people are too busy with genealogy online to watch tv? I was looking forward to Ruby Wax....

Gen in NBL England

UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 September 17 14:09 BST (UK) »
It's when they cancel everything so we can watch even more Wombledon that gets my goat!

....... and why are they pushing darts? Darts, really! What will be their next pub game, dominoes?

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 September 17 14:46 BST (UK) »
I totally understood, in the aftermath of the Grenfell Tower Fire, why the programme on the New Artists taking part in the Venice Biennale had to be postponed..... one of the artists featured had, sadly died in the fire -  but I spent a few weeks almost constantly trying to find out when / if it would be broadcast - BBC sources not very helpful - and in the end only sharp-eyed OH spotting it was to go out, and recording it for me to watch when I returned, stopped me missing it entirely!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 September 17 14:48 BST (UK) »
One comment I saw elsewhere was that it possibly dealt with sensitive mental health issues and that was why it has been delayed.
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 September 17 15:02 BST (UK) »
All the more reason that it should have been screened. The younger Royals have been getting on board with their support. And there were wall to wall programmes about Diana recently mentioning her fragile mental health.

But on the radio just this morning, they were talking about how long it takes to get treatment for mental health problems, some sufferers had not been seen in a year!

Ruby has been quite open about her mental health.

UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 September 17 15:52 BST (UK) »
That was my thinking Gen List Lass;  perhaps the 'men in suits' thought there had been too much focus recently.

Offline Rhododendron

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 September 17 15:59 BST (UK) »
The Yesterday Channel is showing an episode of WDYTYA tonight at 8 p.m.  Focus of the programme is Patrick Stewart.

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 15 September 17 16:54 BST (UK) »
nanny jan

Ruby Wax is not part of the Royal damage control mechanism! Me cynical! But Invictus might be? I think it's a very worthy charity but I like Harry and his escapades but I don't like these things being used as a PR exercise.