Author Topic: Missing marriage for Arthur Davren in Inverness  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing marriage for Arthur Davren in Inverness
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 12 October 19 17:21 BST (UK) »

Billy was visiting his son in Sydney, Australia when he sadly passed away.

A W and G married 1999 in Glasgow but did live in Sydney around that period and are currently still in Australia

Are you in touch with Billy's son can they provide any details of Billy's death and funeral arrangements?
Perhaps they travelled back to the UK for the funeral?

That fits, though still can’t see a birth for William jnr

Neither can I  ???

Could there have been another son born c 1972? 

There's this death entry on SP and mmn is similar to Eleanor Morton MCGEACHIE apart from one letter :-\

Alexander DAVREN Age 42    MCGLACHIE   2014   590/ 633   Rutherglen

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pintsa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 12 October 19 23:05 BST (UK) »

Billy was visiting his son in Sydney, Australia when he sadly passed away.

A W and G married 1999 in Glasgow but did live in Sydney around that period and are currently still in Australia

Are you in touch with Billy's son can they provide any details of Billy's death and funeral arrangements?
Perhaps they travelled back to the UK for the funeral?

That fits, though still can’t see a birth for William jnr

Neither can I  ???

Could there have been another son born c 1972? 

There's this death entry on SP and mmn is similar to Eleanor Morton MCGEACHIE apart from one letter :-\

Alexander DAVREN Age 42    MCGLACHIE   2014   590/ 633   Rutherglen

My dad suggested yesterday trying to find him because he would love all this information on the family so I think I found a lead. I did message but am yet to hear back. Billy was the sibling we knew the best and dad did know Billy jr too, however he has said Billy only had 2 kids.....actually Dad said he doesn't know the daughters name or when and where she was born, maybe it was actually another Son

Offline Pintsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 12 October 19 23:11 BST (UK) »
I saw those other two marriages for William Winning Davren and actually wondered if it was maybe his son who was getting married. Strangely there is no birth for a William Davren after 1945 anywhere in Scotland. There was a William Winning .......... birth in Glasgow in 1968 but the surname doesn’t tie in.

That actually fits with the years my Dad said he would of been born 1967-1970. And Glasgow fits too,
Dad said Billy came over to Australia alot to work so I checked for a birth here but found nothing either

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 13 October 19 03:51 BST (UK) »
I think we need to be careful of names relating to living/possible living persons for privacy reasons?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Pintsa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 26 October 19 06:35 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I finally received Grandads birth certificate today and am happy to say we were right about his parents being John and Sarah. So thank you to everybody who helped with the research and helping me piece together my family history.

As I mentioned early on in the forum I was always led to believe Davren wasn’t the original surname, and with a lot of amazing help from a fantastic person, they were able to trace it back to the original name of Devlin, changed from either my 5th Great Grandfather Arthur or within his time.

We have yet to find out why the name was changed, and it seems he was able to do it without registration which makes it harder to trace. But hopefully the answers will come to light soon.

A big thank you to everyone once again

Offline Ldavren1965

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've just come across this forum and thought I would get in touch as I'm William (Billy) Davrens daughter.

Would be great to connect to family members.

Thanks,
Lynda Davren