Author Topic: restoration #1. of old picture of my mum 1922-ish.  (Read 850 times)

Offline avacuppa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
restoration #1. of old picture of my mum 1922-ish.
« on: Tuesday 10 October 17 16:00 BST (UK) »
Well this might be Mission Impossible,  But I  very much need help to restore these old pictures that were emailed to me.  This first one of my mother, Ruby West, born 1912 in Edgware England.  My mum is in the girl guides here, (bottom right in group) age about 10 so date taken about 1922 in England.

I think they are around a bird bath and the background would be trees?.  But am not positive.  I don't mind cracks in old photos, I like them actually, is all part of the history of it.   However, this photo is too damaged. It was ripped right down the middle so my sister taped the back of it, in a couple of places.  But the tear goes right through the faces of the two people standing and I cannot see their faces at all.

Would it be possible for anyone out there who is clever at restoring photos, to take out the two big cracks in this picture and the tear marks on the girl guides dresses please? It is also a bit blurry and  dark but I don't think anything can be done about that.  I will post my other picture request after this one.  They are only photocopies, but they mean a lot to me.  Thank you for your help.
NORRIS, Lily Rosina,  Edgware Middlesex.
WEST, Benjamin, Edgware Middlesex
MORRIS, Samuel,  Leigh  Lancashire
FAIRCLOUGH, Tarleton and Leigh Lancashire.

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: restoration #1. of old picture of my mum 1922-ish.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 17:42 BST (UK) »
Actually , there is not much to do ..if it is possible ,,try to re-scan the IMG with 300 DPI and post here again

Offline avacuppa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Loord, I managed to get the picture scanned in the 300 pdi, like you suggested.  I hope this works, as is the first time i have posted pictures. I have been in the chat room lots but not posted in the boards for pictures.

Offline Radioman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 19:15 BST (UK) »
Yes the original image is very low definition. As posted above try rescanning at 300.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 19:21 BST (UK) »
I have just merged your new scan avacuppa, I merged it about the same time radioman posted :)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 07:05 BST (UK) »
My try.
Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline avacuppa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 12:30 BST (UK) »
I would like to say a big thank you to:  Loord74, McGroger, Radioman, and Sarah.   For being so kind and helpful in helping  restore my poor photocopies of my mum and grandparents.  It just amazes me how talented you people are on here,

Those pictures I posted were in sad shape to start with, it amazes me how talented you all were in being able to restore them.   I wish my sister and cousin had sent me the original pictures, or at least taken a real copy of the pictures themselves instead of just copy and send by email,   It might have been easier to fix them.  sigh.  But at least I got these.

Thank you once again everyone for your kind and generous help. xo