Author Topic: Where is Jane buried ?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline dfk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where is Jane buried ?
« on: Saturday 14 October 17 22:46 BST (UK) »
Where is Jane Longworth Buried and who might also be there , she died on the 26th August 1901 and was from the Sharples, Bolton area of Lancashire.
Was or is there a tomb stone ?
Any help very appreciated.

David.
New Zealand.

Kearns
Whittaker
Baxter
Birchenough
Longworth
Southern
Astles

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Jane buried ?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 October 17 06:00 BST (UK) »
Hi David you can try www.deceasedonline.com there is a record of a burial for a Jane Longworth
26 August 1901 Lancashire ...There is a small fee but worth a try

Rosie

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 October 17 08:44 BST (UK) »
is this her
Manchester Courier,Feb 3rd 1902

A Bolton soldier's Fortune
Private Longworth of Bolton,who is fighting for his country  in South Africa
with the Welsh Fusiliers ,has just come into a snug little fortune through the death of his Aunt,Miss Jane Longworth,Horrocks Fold Astley Bridge.He is made heir under the will and will recieve from the estate,which is now being realised, no lesser sum than £14.000 pounds
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 October 17 08:57 BST (UK) »
is she the daughter of William and Esther or
William and Jane
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 October 17 09:08 BST (UK) »

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 October 17 09:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Heatherjulie saves me wasting my time looking

Offline dfk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 October 17 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, Jane was the daughter of William and Esther from what i have worked out, Esther being born as Esther Heywood.
I might have to pay and see what 'Deceased online' has in regards to Janes location and then i can make contact with either the church or local council and see if i can get a photo, now that would be great.

David.
Kearns
Whittaker
Baxter
Birchenough
Longworth
Southern
Astles

Offline dfk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 October 17 11:49 BST (UK) »
Yes the soldier that was the heir to jane's will was John William Longworth who today is buried at Fleetwood and he died in 1946, the grave is one of my families, John William being my great grandfather and he is with other family such as my grandmother.
The Longworths seem to have a very long connection to the Horrocks fold, sharples and in fact most of the Bolton area really.
Lots of gaps to fill in , just need to find janes grave now, its going to be interesting to see if there is anything to see at all, her estate she left was worth a lot of money.
Very interesting.
Kearns
Whittaker
Baxter
Birchenough
Longworth
Southern
Astles

Offline trish58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 October 17 23:53 BST (UK) »

authority
Manchester and Lancashire FHS
cemetery
Unitarian Chapel, Walmsley
last name
LONGWORTH

Search for:

Jane LONGWORTH
find
clear
Results per page:
(Flatstone&Kerbstone) In Memory of Ann eldest daughter of William and Ester LONGWORTH of Horrock Fold, Little Bolton who departed this life July 17th 1859 aged 36 years Also Ester wife of William LONGWORTH who departed this life January 3rd 1860 aged 59 years Also William LONGWORTH who departed this life April 13th 1862 aged 73 years Also John LONGWORTH their son who departed this life April 6th 1865 aged 27 years Also James LONGWORTH their eldest son who departed this life March 19th 1878 aged 43 years Also JANE youngest daughter of the late William LONGWORTH died August 26th 1901 aged 72 years [MI No 15]"
(Flatstone) In memory of Daniel the son of William & JANE LONGWORTH of Sharples who died February 20th 1822 aged 1 year and 9 months [MI No 150] 
(Headstone&Kerbstone) In Memory o Eliza BERRY who died June 12th 1885 aged 49 years Also Albert F. LONGWORTH who died Jan. 27th 1933 aged 61 years Also JANE his wife who died Nov 16th 1936 aged 79 years He giveth his beloved sleep [MI No 12] 

return to register summary

Hope this helps
Trish
Rae, Feeney, Singleton, Appleton, Agnew, McKeachie,
Fury, & many more