Author Topic: Norman Faulkner Bent  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Rosalie Busch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Faulkner Bent
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 July 19 05:18 BST (UK) »
Norman had 2 sons older than Frank Cyril - Norman Frederick bc.1886 and Harold bc.1890.

Norman Frederick married a Rosalie Clement Martin 1910 Birkenhead and a son Norman Hector born 1910 - in April 1910 Norman Frederick went to Sydney, NSW, Australia followed by wife and son in 1916 where a dau. born 1918 and another son Henry Arthur Reginald b.1920.  So, 2 grandsons of Norman Faulkner were in NSW and any descendents of these 2 are to be found in Australia.

Harold married an Ethel Ann Hunt in 1915 and they had 3 daughters and 2 sons - Stephen F. 1917-2001 (who in turn married 1945 and had a daughter 1951 and a son 1954 in Northallerton, Yorks - names easily found on Birth Index - cannot name as still living) and a John W.born 1925 (can find nothing on him other than birth entry).

The son born 1954 married in Durham in 1979 - 2 sons and a daughter.   This family living in Durham on current UK census.

So, there are indeed a few male descendents of Norman Faulkner Bent around in England and Australia.

Annette 
Hello Annette, I have just read your post and I realise it is some time since you posted but I have only recently returned to my research into the Bent family.
I am a granddaughter of Norman Frederick. His daughter Esme was my mother. She passed away 4 years ago.
There are a few of us here in Australia descended from the line of Norman Faulkner and Emily Bent.
My brother and I are, of course, no longer 'Bents' as our mother became 'Howarth'.
Norman Frederick did indeed also have 2 sons - Norman Hector (who was born in Birkenhead before his mother, Rosalie, joined Norman in Sydney). They had a son, Michael (still living) and a daughter Rosalie (who was from a second marriage) and also still living. The younger son, Arthur, had one daughter and 2 sons - all still living.
Both Norman Hector and Arthur are deceased (Arthur was killed in the Granville train accident in Sydney in 1977). I would be happy to supply any further information.
Regards, Rosalie (yes another one!)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 July 19 06:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosalie,
The rootschat policy does not allow for the names of those still living to be published on the open boards.
This is to comply with the individual's rights to privacy and the Australia laws which uphold it.

You will be best to remove the names of the  living people in your post.
Do this using the modify button on your post.
Delete the names and then save. ;D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:07 BST (UK) »
Norman had 2 sons older than Frank Cyril - Norman Frederick bc.1886 and Harold bc.1890.

Norman Frederick married a Rosalie Clement Martin 1910 Birkenhead and a son Norman Hector born 1910 - in April 1910 Norman Frederick went to Sydney, NSW, Australia followed by wife and son in 1916 where a dau. born 1918 and another son Henry Arthur Reginald b.1920.  So, 2 grandsons of Norman Faulkner were in NSW and any descendents of these 2 are to be found in Australia.

Harold married an Ethel Ann Hunt in 1915 and they had 3 daughters and 2 sons - Stephen F. 1917-2001 (who in turn married 1945 and had a daughter 1951 and a son 1954 in Northallerton, Yorks - names easily found on Birth Index - cannot name as still living) and a John W.born 1925 (can find nothing on him other than birth entry).

The son born 1954 married in Durham in 1979 - 2 sons and a daughter.   This family living in Durham on current UK census.

So, there are indeed a few male descendents of Norman Faulkner Bent around in England and Australia.

Annette 
Hello Annette, I have just read your post and I realise it is some time since you posted but I have only recently returned to my research into the Bent family.
I am a granddaughter of Norman Frederick. His daughter Esme was my mother. She passed away 4 years ago.
There are a few of us here in Australia descended from the line of Norman Faulkner and Emily Bent.
My brother and I are, of course, no longer 'Bents' as our mother became 'Howarth'.
Norman Frederick did indeed also have 2 sons - Norman Hector (who was born in Birkenhead before his mother, Rosalie, joined Norman in Sydney). They had a son, Michael (still living) and a daughter Rosalie (who was from a second marriage) and also still living. The younger son, Arthur, had one daughter and 2 sons - all still living.
Both Norman Hector and Arthur are deceased (Arthur was killed in the Granville train accident in Sydney in 1977). I would be happy to supply any further information.
Regards, Rosalie (yes another one!)

Rosalie, I am not actually connected to this family.  I was just 'helping' (as so many others on Rootschat do) the original poster LeahJordana.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosalie

LeahJordana has not been online with Rootschat since 26.10.2017 and has not acknowledged any of the replies to her post.  If she has included a valid email address in her profile she will receive a notification of your post

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Feliss

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:52 BST (UK) »
Carole,
Both Rosalie and I have recently been in contact with Leah via Facebook. Sadly, we were advised that she passed away on 22 June.
Felicity

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 July 19 16:28 BST (UK) »
That is so sad.  Thank you for letting us know
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)