Author Topic: Mystery of my Mother as a Reynolds in Castlederg  (Read 6601 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery of my Mother as a Reynolds in Castlederg
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 03:48 GMT (UK) »
So glad to hear you've found your mother's true identity & your roots, good luck in building your family tree  ;)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations on identifying  her birth name did you also identify all her siblings ?
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Calden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes - got them all.
Once I had her name matching her birthday I found nearly all the records at the parish church.
Hasn't quite matched my Mothers story as I remembered it - Eleven siblings - two youngest (that I thought were twins) adopted by a family in Scotland.
Tragic stories including Tuberculosis death of the oldest boy at age 23 after seven months of illness.
Still uncovering details of my GM's death which seemed to be the start of the family split.
House burnt down whilst GF was dying in workhouse hospital.
Looks like other siblings moved away to relatives or were adopted as there are no marriage or confirmed death records in the area.
DNA shows I have fairly close ancestors in Scotland, Canada, Iowa, Illinois, Aus & NZ and I think time will reveal  where those Aunts and Uncles of mine went.
Still a mystery as to why my Mother used the name Reynolds, so that's what I'm working on now.