Author Topic: 1915 photograph of George Henry Jones, and his sister Sylvia Gladys  (Read 1294 times)

Offline BobbieL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1915 photograph of George Henry Jones, and his sister Sylvia Gladys
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 October 17 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info  -I didn't realise the resolution was so low. I shall scan it at a higher resolution and repost - maybe you can have another go at it? I have quite a few old photos that need work so I shall get busy and scan them at a higher resolution, should keep me out of mischief for a while!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 October 17 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I won't be having another go at this one as I spent over two and a half hours on it and it was hard on the eyes and i gave it my best shot...but others may take it on. But worth noting for any photos that you post in the future.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 01:54 GMT (UK) »
My try.
Cheers, Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline BobbieL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 06:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who has given their time to restore this photograph - the results are truly amazing, considering the low resolution of the photograph! In future I shall ensure that I only post photos of high resolution.