Author Topic: Wikitree - is it OK to link to living people or not?  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: Wikitree - is it OK to link to living people or not?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 November 17 08:25 GMT (UK) »
I think I'd find more information about them on their Facebook pages.
If they are under 13 it is a violation of facebook rules (also it is a violation of the rules of opening account on behalf of an under 13)
I know many children do hold accounts, with (and without)parents knowledge , but they can be deleted by facebook if reported they are under 13.

As a parent of an 11 yr old, I do not allow my child to use social media, it's up to you if you allow your children to do so. I'm lucky that my son has zero interest in having social media accounts like some of his mates.

Regards

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 June 18 12:19 BST (UK) »
Awesome.

The living people that I could see are now private.  Presumably someone else objected.

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 July 18 13:12 BST (UK) »
As a UK site, it is now subject to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), so all living people are private, unless they expressly indicate not to be (ie through being a site contributor). Quite strictly complied with on WT.
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)