Author Topic: The late Mrs Mary Carmel Shudell  (Read 2184 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: The late Mrs Mary Carmel Shudell
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 November 19 18:38 GMT (UK) »
George's Social Security Application said his parents were Christopher Shudell and Elizabeth Thomas. and that he was born 1 November 1926 in Wexford, Wexford, UK

his birth record is too recent to be online, but this is probably his parents' marriage.

Catholic Church of Wexford,
20 January 1925

Christopher Shudell, 23, bachelor, sailor, of Patrick's Square, Wexford, father: Christopher, a tailor

Elizabeth Thomas, 21, spinster, single, a domestic servant of Hill Street, Wexford, father: William, a laborer

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1925/09137/5304805.pdf

You need to click on the Capcha and sign in to see the image. it is free.

A tree at ancestry says they also had children William d 1989, Jeanette, d 2003, and 3 other sons. Is that them?

If the tree's information and links are correct, Christopher died 9 December 1940 on the SS Ashcrest, age 38. husband of Elizabeth Shudell of Kilburn, Middlesex.

That is according to the UK Commonwealth Graves list of Tower Hill Memorial Park at ancestry.com

Christopher Shudell's grave:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/15372939

You might be able to find the WWII records online for free somewhere else and see them for yourselves.

George's birth certificate, 1926, and his siblings might be obtainable, from the Irish GRO in Roscommon. I don't know if the restriction applies to availability or just being online. Someone on the Wexford board or general Irish board will know. The certificates would tell you for sure if those are the right parents, the Irish certs. include the mother's maiden name.

Offline Jon Shudell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 November 19 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you your reply. Christopher and Elizabeth, my Grandparents, had 5 children in total. Jeanette, Liam, George, John (Jack) my Father and Francis.

I am also trying to find the date and place of birth of my Great Grandfather.
Kind regards
Jon

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 November 19 17:00 GMT (UK) »
I think one of those other threads on rootschat had a birth record in Birkenhead in 1902, but I'm not sure. If you go through those threads and sort out the information, you might find what you are looking for.