Author Topic: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.  (Read 21045 times)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.
« Reply #117 on: Monday 27 May 19 06:31 BST (UK) »
You don’t say where  this marriage might have occurred Kirsty, but there is a tree which has a couple by those names and James with the right dates. This tree has them marrying 8 June 1832, Tranent, East Lothian.

You can see the images relating to this family on Scotland’s people

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm trying to find the name of Joseph green born 1752 and died 1809 as I can't find the names of he's mother and father online and im also trying to find the names of Ann Allen born 1756 and died 1823 I cant find the names of there mother and father but what I do no is Joseph and Ann married in Meriden warks 30th of April

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Saturday 15 June 19 03:54 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm trying to find the name of Joseph green born 1752 and died 1809 as I can't find the names of he's mother and father online and im also trying to find the names of Ann Allen born 1756 and died 1823 I cant find the names of there mother and father but what I do no is Joseph and Ann married in Meriden warks 30th of April
There are now 2 other threads on this couple and people have posted information about them.
Cowban

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Sunday 15 December 19 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Mary Jane Ladds wed in 1881 Warwickshire. (St. Peter & St. Paul, Aston)
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NF88-2P3

This would appear to be the 1871 census:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VRFM-53D

and the 1861 Census:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MWMM-JLV

LADDS, WILLIAM       WHEELER  1855  M Quarter in BANBURY UNION  Volume 03A  Page 591
LADDS, JOSEPH       WHEELER  1856  D Quarter in BANBURY UNION  Volume 03A  Page 594
LADDS, SAMUEL       WHEELER  1860  M Quarter in BANBURY UNION  Volume 03A  Page 682
LADDS, MARY  JANE     WHEELER  1862  M Quarter in GRANTHAM  Volume 07A  Page 425

I think Joseph may have re-married between 1871-1881.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27N-6KY5 (1881 census)
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGDK-63F4 (1875 marriage of joseph (as a widower))
hi you said that Joseph might of remarried so I was just thinking who might of been he's second wife and would there might of been of any children from he's second marriage

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Sunday 15 December 19 16:38 GMT (UK) »
PaulineJ has given you this information in her post above. She was Elizabeth Wheeler. Joseph Ladds married Elizabeth in Banbury in 1854. Mary Jane was born in Grantham in 1862.
hi I can't find the death year of when Elizabeth ladds born wheeler died.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Sunday 22 December 19 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Ladds born wheeler born Oxfordshire 1834 unknown death year but married to Joseph ladds in Banbury in 1854 Joseph was born 1833 in Northamptonshire and unknown death year.

There children.
Joseph ladds born in Oxfordshire 1856 unknown death year
Samuel ladds born in Oxfordshire 1859 unknown death year
My great great grandmother Mary Jane byfield born ladds
born in Grantham 1862 until 1939 in Birmingham

Census
college street spittlegate Lincolnshire 1871

So I would like to point out I have no idea who are Elizabeth ladds born wheeler mother and father was and her husband Joseph ladds mother and father was.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Sunday 22 December 19 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Ladds born wheeler born Oxfordshire 1834 unknown death year but married to Joseph ladds in Banbury in 1854 Joseph was born 1833 in Northamptonshire and unknown death year.

There children.
Joseph ladds born in Oxfordshire 1856 unknown death year
Samuel ladds born in Oxfordshire 1859 unknown death year
My great great grandmother Mary Jane byfield born ladds
born in Grantham 1862 until 1939 in Birmingham

Census
college street spittlegate Lincolnshire 1871

So I would like to point out I have no idea who are Elizabeth ladds born wheeler mother and father was and her husband Joseph ladds mother and father was.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Sunday 22 December 19 08:23 GMT (UK) »

We've no crystal balls either.
You have enough information to search 1851 & 1841 for yourself.
You also DO have the father of Joseph Ladds from his second marriage.
Buy the 1854 marriage cert for Elizabeth Wheeler for her parental info and witness names.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Thursday 02 January 20 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Emily Walker/Morris remarried as a widow in 1910 in Northants to William Harry Stratfull. She gives her father as James Walker deceased occ Boatman. The Stratfull family are in the 1911 census including Lilian Mary (Lily) and Blanche Elizabeth ( the baby from 1901). She was born around 1862 in Brinklow. They are living at Buckby Wharf.
Isobel
hi can I ask who was Emily first husband and did they have kids together and what was her mother's name.
  Kirsty about 3/4 years ago I gave you a lot of info & contacts on our share Hambrige boat people in Coventry & Brentford  amongst that info was this  on may 30th 1910 at the church in Long  Buckby  William Harvy Stratfull a 40 year old bachelor  occupation Labourer  a resident of Whilton son of Charles Stratfull a Lock Keeper married Emily ann Morris a 48 year old widow from Buckby Wharf daughter of James Walker a deceased Boat man both signed their names but the whitness names where not readable due to damage on the page I even sent you a picture of the church .
hi I never got that picture