Author Topic: Vetter emigrants from Prussia to England - x-posted to Immigrants board.  (Read 6579 times)

Offline Henicholson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vetter emigrants from Prussia to England - x-posted to Immigrants board.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 July 22 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there!

I just came across your post from a few years ago and wanted to let you know that I also am a descendant of Conrad Vetter. My paternal grandmother was Joan Vetter. She sadly passed when my dad was 18 so I never got to meet her, but I have always been intrigued by the German vein of the family! My dad is on ancestry as William Peter Jackson.

Can I ask where you found the info regarding Friedrich playing for the royal family? Very cool to read that! I am currently in the throes of breast cancer, so spending a lot of time off work researching at the moment. I live in London, but dad grew up in Sale.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Helen

Offline hilarykellis

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vetter emigrants from Prussia to England - x-posted to Immigrants board.
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 November 22 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!

I just came across your post from a few years ago and wanted to let you know that I also am a descendant of Conrad Vetter. My paternal grandmother was Joan Vetter. She sadly passed when my dad was 18 so I never got to meet her, but I have always been intrigued by the German vein of the family! My dad is on ancestry as William Peter Jackson.

Can I ask where you found the info regarding Friedrich playing for the royal family? Very cool to read that! I am currently in the throes of breast cancer, so spending a lot of time off work researching at the moment. I live in London, but dad grew up in Sale.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Helen

Hello Helen, so nice to meet you and I am sorry I am just seeing this. Nice to meet a Vetter cousin.

I found out about Friedrich playing for the royal family in the newspaper archives on FindMyPast. In my tree, I have all this info saved. I am happy to share my tree with you. I am on Ancestry as hilary_ancestryaddict.

I hope you get well soon and thanks for reaching out.