Author Topic: Norris  (Read 2358 times)

Offline hinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Norris
« on: Thursday 04 August 05 13:38 BST (UK) »
done
Names: Hinchliffe, Milner, Beilby, Norris, Willis, Colley, Marsh, Furze, Prince.

Places: Allerton-Bywater, Thornhill, Overton, Shitlington, Seacroft, Cawood, Great Preston, Swillington, Methley, Wheldrake, St. Just, Kidderminster.

Offline coffers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Norris
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 August 05 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Hinch,

I can't help with the marriage but the following appears on the IGI which looks to be a possible Match:

PRUDENCE BROWN 
  Female     
 ~~~~~~~~
Event(s):
 Birth: 
 Christening:  01 MAR 1820   East Witton, Yorkshire, England
  Death: 
 Burial: 
 ~~~~~~~~
Parents:
  Father:  THOMAS BROWN  Family
  Mother:  MARY     
~~~~~~~~--

The above is a likely match as East Witton is only a few miles north of Colsterdale.

Also there is an entry on the IGI Ancestral File submitted by a member, which seems to cross match with the above:

Prudence BROWN (AFN: MPVG-KM)  Pedigree
 Sex:  F Family 
~~~~~~~~
Event(s):
 Birth:   1 Mar 1820
  <Colsterdale, York, England>
~~~~~~~~
Parents:
 Father:  Thomas BROWN (AFN: MPVG-WC)  Family 
 Mother:  Mary GRAHAM (AFN: MPVH-BK)   
~~~~~~~~
Submitter(s): Details
~~~~~~~~
About Ancestral File:
 Ancestral File is a collection of genealogical information taken from Pedigree Charts and Family Group Records submitted to the Family History Department since 1978.  The information has not been verified against any official records.  Since the information in Ancestral File is contributed, it is the responsibility of those who use the file to verify its accuracy. 
~~~~~~~~
 Please Note:
 Names and address of submitters to Ancestral File and those who have a research interest are provided to help in the coordination of research.  The use of this information for any other purpose, including commercial use, is strictly prohibited. 
 ~~~~~~~~
 Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date
~~~~~~~~--

The only Yorkshire born Charles Norris between the years 1815 and 1825 that I can see in the IGI is:

CHARLES WALLACE NORRIS  
  Male     
~~~~~~~~
Event(s):
 Birth: 
 Christening:  30 MAY 1822   Sowerby Bridge, Yorkshire, England
 Death: 
 Burial: 
~~~~~~~~
Parents:
  Father:  CHARLES NORRIS  Family
  Mother:  JANE     
~~~~~~~~
 Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think he is a match as Sowerby Bridge is near Halifax, and I think there is a marriage for him in 1843 in Halifax to a Herich Euphemia Priestley.

I can find no sign of a marriage between the two on the IGI between 1835 and 1845. Given the time of there likely marriage it is possible that they didn't register it with the authorities, this was quite common at the time. You might have to track this one down the hard way, IE. searching through parish registers for the likely areas.

I hope the above helps in some way.

Regards,
Mike.
BAKER (Redcar,  Brotton & Stainton),
CLARK (Marske & South Shields),
FLAVELL (North Ormesby YKS, Dudley, Sedgley & Gornal Wood),
GIBSON (Middlesbrough),
GOTTS (Loftus YKS, Swaffham & Castle Acre ),
HARRINGTON (Middlesbrough, Oldham? & Ireland),
KING (Redcar & Whitchurch HANTS),
LAWLER (Middlesbrough, Bradford & Ireland)
MORTIMER (Whitchurch HANTS),
TERRY (Middlesbrough, Northbourne KENT),
THOMPSON (Middlesbrough)
ROBINSON (Marske-in-Cleveland, Kelloe & Liverpool)

Offline hinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 August 05 13:13 BST (UK) »
thanks for thar Mike
the prudence brown on the igi sounds promising, but i have already seen the charles wallace norris entry before and dismissed it
cheers
chris
Names: Hinchliffe, Milner, Beilby, Norris, Willis, Colley, Marsh, Furze, Prince.

Places: Allerton-Bywater, Thornhill, Overton, Shitlington, Seacroft, Cawood, Great Preston, Swillington, Methley, Wheldrake, St. Just, Kidderminster.

Offline hinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 August 05 13:14 BST (UK) »
ps - it might be worth a look at 1841 census for East Witton - i'll do that asap

Offline hinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 August 05 07:51 BST (UK) »
cheers
Chris