Author Topic: Does anyone have access to the actual Parish Registers for Barrington please?  (Read 429 times)

Offline avidt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

I have a Sarah East who married John Huckle in Barrington in 1805, but I cannot find her birth or death. Her husband John was in prison at the time of the 1851 Census, I have looked in the 1841 and 1851 Census but no sign. I am hoping the actual Parigh register might indicate where she came from.

Many thanks

David ;)

David

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have access to the actual Parish Registers for Barrington please?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 December 17 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Was it definitely John Huckle Snr and not John Huckle Jnr that was in prison in 1851  ???

Some anc trees say John Huckle passed away in 1817/1818. 

There was a John Huckle Jnr - aged 20 years -   in prison 1 month for larceny in 1837 Cambridgeshire   (source criminal registers)  ??? Age slightly out perhaps.  ???

There was a Sarah Huckle born 1781 living in Bedford on the 1841 census (county lunatic asylum) ???

Could Sarah East have remarried - there is a marriage listed 1841 Bedford - Sarah East/Sarah Huckle - Joseph Bradshaw. - volume 6 page 67 ???

Merry Christmas
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have access to the actual Parish Registers for Barrington please?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 December 17 12:49 GMT (UK) »
1851 census entry for John Huckle, the Criminal, says that he is married, aged 39 and an Ag Lab from Stapleford.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline avidt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 December 17 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Sandra and Bumbleb thank for that very useful information, the second piece of information definetly indicates that it is my John who was baptised in 1813

God Bless

David :D