Author Topic: Captain Patrick Francis Joseph Fawcett-Barry ?  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Gerry Burroughs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Patrick Francis Joseph Fawcett-Barry ?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 13:51 BST (UK) »
No this Captain Francis Joseph Fawcett Barry would not have served in the conflicts you quoted. This is a WW1 man who was stood down from the reserve of Officers in 1938 because of his age. I owned his service records and miniature medals which I have passed on to his family connections, see T Bradshaw and contact her for information on his children.  She has researched his family tree which connects with her family.  Gerry
History. Militaria.

Offline delapoer1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 August 21 13:14 BST (UK) »
I am interested in this person since he appears to have married a Lavinia Watts of Christchurch, Dorset.  They seem to have had a daughter, or two, and Power family legend has it that he died in WWI before she married Lt William Noel Power who had become a Planter in Sudan.  I would be very interested in any further information about this person.  The supposed widowhood of Lavinia seems to be an invention as Patrick seems to have lived until 1977.  One of the daughters went on to marry a Baronet Charles Wolseley and The Peerage gives Patrick F-Barry as being "of Cork".  any information welcome!

Offline delapoer1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 15 August 21 13:16 BST (UK) »
I believe that he did and that he married several times in his life, do you have any information on him?

Hi

Did this gentleman die in 1978 ?

There are numerous entries for him in the Probate registry and his name is given as

Patrick Francis GERVASE Fawcett-Barry      or

Patrick Francis JERVOISE Fawcett-Barry

claire

Offline delapoer1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 15 August 21 13:22 BST (UK) »
Could you share any of the information you have?  Are you related to this person?  I am researching him due to a Power family connection.

I have his service records and his miniature set of medals. The full size set did not include his African service medal. I have a photo of the original auction lots which included a picture of him. Contact me though my email. (*)  Gerry

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline delapoer1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 15 August 21 13:23 BST (UK) »
Can you say how you are related to this person?  Is your link through a Lavinia Watts who was married to him in 1916?

Hi Patrick Fawcett Barry is my great grandfather. I would really appreciate any help or information anyone has about him. Please get in touch! Many thanks