Author Topic: British Newspaper Archive, 1939 Register, Fold3 & other records...  (Read 1177 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: British Newspaper Archive, 1939 Register, Fold3 & other records...
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 January 18 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Click on the below link and it will take you to the information about Find My Past new subscriptions

https://tinyurl.com/y97vrpoc

Thank you!  I'm wondering if there are different plans for the UK? 

From the US, I'm only seeing Starter & Premium plans, with the Premium Annual payment offering 1939 access.   Weird.  Their support agent said that was the only option to get access to 1939.

Funny you should say that as I had noticed on GG's link that it said
Three new subscription packages for new customers in the UK have been introduced on Findmypast.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Savage702

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 January 18 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Click on the below link and it will take you to the information about Find My Past new subscriptions

https://tinyurl.com/y97vrpoc

Thank you!  I'm wondering if there are different plans for the UK? 

From the US, I'm only seeing Starter & Premium plans, with the Premium Annual payment offering 1939 access.   Weird.  Their support agent said that was the only option to get access to 1939.

Funny you should say that as I had noticed on GG's link that it said
Three new subscription packages for new customers in the UK have been introduced on Findmypast.

I shaketh my fist!!  >:(    ;D

Offline Rachel Morris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 January 18 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I live in Australia - and have also found it frustrating that I cannot subscribe to the UK Findmypast site ! I have no links in Australia. Last time I signed up I did it while in the UK visiting.
I have however discovered that using software to "Hide" my I.P address I can re subscribe as if I am in the UK, and once the sub is up and running it works fine. I used Hola VPN which is free but a bit dodgy!!

Just an FYI/ Idea

Blessings Rachel
Morris; Line; Wiseman; Evans; Thundow; Sartain; Stone; Spurr; Cass; Hyde; Marshall; Cuddington