Author Topic: Christiana Munro, daughter of John and Margaret. Who were they?  (Read 12613 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Munros of Ross & Cromarty
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 12 August 18 01:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Greg,

May I ask if anyone has actually sought access to the C of E parish register for Whittingham for 1840 the marriage?    I can see that Christina MUNROE went to H P DUTTON Esq on disembarking the Lady McNaughton ...   It is possible that the clergy recorded further info on their family sheet ... eg details of her parents...  :)

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Of Irish, English, Scottish & German.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 12 August 18 02:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, Majm.
Yes, I have contacted them and the records are now only available at the University of Newcastle and you have to view them in person. Bit hard for me, as I'm in Perth :)
However, your note prompts me to perhaps ring them as ask if someone there could look it up for me.
Kind regards,
Greg
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 12 August 18 02:30 BST (UK) »
 :)  If you email them and attach copies of both the 1985 NSW BDM issued certificate and the January 2017 official transcription as per your upload on the thread on the Sutherland board,  I would expect them to appreciate the 'gaps' and find someone to help.    I live at Nords Wharf, which is around 50 minutes or so from the main campus for Newcastle Uni.  I rarely go to Newcastle but I have downloaded the images of the 1840 marriage and IF I do go into Newcastle, I will try to find spare moment to look up.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=786759.0 already mentioned  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 12 August 18 02:35 BST (UK) »
 :)

NSW RESOURCES :

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369703.0

At reply #2 ... live links to hundreds and hundreds of images of Early Church Records of the C of E, within the County of Northumberland, New South Wales.

Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, Christ Church Cathedral, Newcastle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uon/sets/72157606066769147/ 1820 – 1899 Family Register
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uon/sets/72157605008173551/ 1826 – 1837 Baptisms, Marriages, Burials
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uon/sets/72157604433014652/ 1837 – 1838 Baptisms, Marriages, Burials
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uon/sets/72157605132739200/ 1839 – 1861 Baptisms, Marriages, Burials
http://www.flickr.com/photos/uon/sets/72157605674610949/ 1856 – 1868 Marriages Register

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Christiana Munro & Edward Everson, Wollombi NSW
« Reply #77 on: Sunday 12 August 18 02:59 BST (UK) »
These two were married in 1840 at St John's Wollombi, in the NSW Hunter Valley. However all parish records are at the Uni of Newcastle. Is there any way I can see them, without having to travel from Perth? Anyone in Newcastle, perhaps , that could help, please? I need to find out more about Christiana. Been looking for two years. Christiana was a Scottish emigrated and Everson was an English convict. Many thanks.
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Christiana Munro & Edward Everson, Wollombi NSW
« Reply #78 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Greg,

You have posted in the ‘completed’ section. You may like to ask the moderator to move it to the main Aus board. Thread moved.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Christiana Munro & Edward Everson, Wollombi NSW
« Reply #79 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:08 BST (UK) »
Do you have her death details?

What do you already know about her?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 12 August 18 03:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks you, Majm.
Enough to keep me busy for a day. :)
Regards
Greg