Author Topic: Joseph Risbridger of St. Katherine by the Tower 1678-1740  (Read 448 times)

Offline Cimarra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Risbridger of St. Katherine by the Tower 1678-1740
« on: Sunday 11 February 18 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I recently knocked down a brickwall discovering that my Joseph Risbridger, gentleman of Capel and Ockley, Surrey moved to London c. 1730 and was buried (as Joseph Resbridge) at St.Katherine's church 27/3/1740. I am wondering if he left a will and understand that LMA has indexes to the wills and administrationsfrom the Royal Peculiar Court of St.Katherine by the Tower 1698-1804 as well as the wills themselves. If anyone is going to the LMA and has time I would be very grateful if you could check the years around 1740. If there is a will I will order it from LMA. Thanks. Phillipa
Brooker Sussex/Surrey, Stacey, Risbridger Surrey, Silk Gloucestershire, Ivory, Seabrook Hertfordshire, Garratt, Pryor, Dowsett, Clements, Skingley, Shelsher, Speller Essex

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Risbridger of St. Katherine by the Tower 1678-1740
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 January 22 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Kia ora Cimmara

I cannot help you with Joseph, although I am pretty sure he is in my tree, certainly the Ockley ones.  But I do have extensive research on the Risbridgers, can you please get in touch with me so that we can compare notes. 

Nga mihi (best wishes)
Bronwen Summers
Aotearoa

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh