Author Topic: Barrow Record Office - St Bees (4 look ups) Ulverston (1) and Hawkshead (1)  (Read 2063 times)

Offline This Boy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow Record Office - St Bees (4 look ups) Ulverston (1) and Hawkshead (1)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 February 18 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jack,

Thank you.

I am afraid I have not come across any such names yet.

The likelihood of doing so is, perhaps, small as presently the only evidence my RONSON family in St Bees dates between 1780 and 1791. In 1776 they were in Ulverston and between 1808 and 1812 all three of the sons who went on to have issue are 40 miles North in Dalston getting married and making lots of baby RONSON's.

I have, however, made a note of your names as other legs of my family need researching and Cumberland features very heavily. This year though it is RONSON. I will be digging into St Bee's records myself later in the year and looking at every obscure source I can find when time allows me to personally take a break up there for a few days.

The only other linked name I have found thus far is GARNETT although I am concentrating on a possible WILSON link today.

Good luck,

Neil.
Middleham, Ronson, Skinner, Rowe, Dennison, Weightman, Dalton, Rowe, Brown, Stead, Thompson, Nicholls, Porter, Brough, Pattinson, Wannop, Ruddick, Waugh mainly in Cumberland, Yorkshire, Scotland.