Author Topic: Where are my Scotish Cousins?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Krisy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Where are my Scotish Cousins?
« on: Saturday 06 August 05 01:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this board and have just spent hundreds of credits and the last month on www.scotlandspeople website, finding my ancestors. Now, I would love to find some cousins  :D

SO HERE ARE MY YOUNG'S

My 2nd G-grandfather was Charles YOUNG b.10 Jun 1847 in Forfarshire, Lethnot, Scotland, the son of Alexander YOUNG & Agnes SMART. Charles Young died in Brechin on 1 Jul 1933. He Married Isabella TRAILL b. Mar 1847, daughter of James TRAILL & Jane CARNEGIE on 10 Jun 1870.  Isabella died in Brechin on 11 Dec 1914.

Charles Young & Isabella Traill had the following children:

James Young b.22 Oct 1870, Dun, Forfar- came to Canada
Alexander Young b. 15 May 1872, Kinell, Forfar - died in teens?
Charles Young (My G-grandfather)b. 6 Jan 1874, Kinnoull, Perth - came to Canada.
Jane Carnegie Young b. abt 1876, Kinnoull, Perth - she stayed in Scotland and married a Alexander Law LONGMUIR
Helen (Nellie) Young b.abt 1876, Menmuir, Forfar - she stayed in Scotland and according to my Aunt she may have married a PHILLIPS and had 3 children, Nellie, Bella & Philip. (I found no info on Scotlandspeople regarding her marriage)
John(Jack) Young b. abt 1880, Menmuir, Forfar - came to Canada
Agnes Young b.abt 1882, Menmuir, Forfar - stayed in Scotland, and again according to my Aunt she may have married a GIBSON.(I also found no info on Agnes' Marriage)
William Young b.abt 1884, Menmuir, Forfar died at 15 of Measles
David Young b.abt 1885, Menmuir, Forfar - came to Canada
George Monroe Young b.abt 1887, Menmuir, Forfar died at 21yrs
Bella Mollison Young b. 17 May 1889, Menmuir, Forfar - she was the only daughter that came with her brothers to Canada.
Edward Young b. abt 1893, Menmuir, Forfar - came to Canada

I have alot of information on the children that came to Canada, but basically nothing on the ones that stayed in Scotland.  Charles Young Sr. came to Canada a few times to visit, but Isabella his wife never came.   I have a few family photo's that were sent here to Canada to my G-grandpa Charles from his family in Scotland, but we have no idea who they are.  Would love to find out, and exchange information.

I am also interest in the TRAILL family and will post that info in a separate post.

Desperately seeking cousins!

Krisy
Young, Traill, McKenzie, Carnegie, Robertson, Smart, McLean, Matheson, Duncan, Smith, Laing, Rennie

Offline smartie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Where are my Scotish Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 01:57 BST (UK) »
HI Krisy,

I may have a connection to your family? Don't have time at the moment to relay my info to you but will tonight hopefully.

MIchelle

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Krisy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Where are my Scotish Cousins?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

That would be great if there is a connection !

Looking forward to connecting.  ;D

Krisy
Young, Traill, McKenzie, Carnegie, Robertson, Smart, McLean, Matheson, Duncan, Smith, Laing, Rennie