Author Topic: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?  (Read 10525 times)

Offline riebobaby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 16 March 19 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil,

Can I just point out that I was not disputing where it was or trying to challenge your research.  I was just trying to share photos of the area to a non Worcester resident.

Unfortunately, I’ve realised when you copy the link from individual photos, it copies a link to the whole album, which is not what I intended to share. The photo I was just trying to share was the 9th one. Easy mistake to make and I have now managed to post the photo below.

I was also born in Worcester and I still live there. In fact I walked down the now Angel Row yesterday. So I am fully aware Angel Row, Angel Street and Angel Place are three different locations.
Also the Hive and the archives they hold, I’m there quite a lot. Also HER are great and very helpful!!

Have a good day

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Does 4 Angels Row, All Saints, Worcester still exist?
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 23 March 19 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi riebobaby

Sorry if my posting sounded like it was coming from a know it all but I didn't see the latest picture that you put on just a block of old Worcester pics & it was very good of you to give a non resident an insight into old Worcester.  I have not lived in Worcester for a long time after being born in Astwood Rd in 1944 but do spend nearly 20 weeks of each year in the county with cousins & visit Worcester every week I'm there so I can do some research at the Hive.
One of my arguments with the council is that they have named the road that runs into the bus station at the side of the Crowngate centre Angel Row & even given it a postcode but according to old maps Angel Row is the lane you walk up from Angel Place if you want to get to the Hive & as a current resident I think that you will know exactly where I mean.
If you want to look at some good old pictures of Worcester they have a good collection on display at the Tudor House Museum & these pictures are also on line but I don't know if the complete collection is on line yet.

All the very best

Phil

ps once again please accept my apologies for sounding off a bit
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin