Author Topic: william edwards  (Read 2541 times)

Offline onecoat

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
william edwards
« on: Saturday 06 August 05 10:36 BST (UK) »
could someone do a lookup for me plz, i am looking for the parents of william edwards from camarthen and anyone else who lived in the house with him. he was born abt 1850 it would be a 1851 lookup plz.
thanks onecoat
Edwards- South Wales, pembroke
Roberts- South Wales
Goff (Gough) - Somerset, wales
Miles - Surrey
Miles - Scotland
Miles - India
brock- lambeth
brock- oxford
mcdermott - ballymena
crow - lincolnshire
fudge - somerset

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: william edwards
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 August 05 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I can try and have a  look for you only if you have  a lot more information than just a name. 

Have you got any more information about him besides just a name and an about birth date? I need   to know where in Carmarthenshire to  look for him.

What part/parish in Carmarthen was he born? ( it would literally take months and months  on end  scrolling through all census  image pages in every parish of Carmarthenshire from village to village, house to house, , and noting down all the  hundreds of William Edwards in the whole shire, who may not even be him).

Did he have any siblings? If so , what are their names and abt birth years?
Have you got him in the later censuses like 1861  Who ( and where)  was he living with in 1861?
Could you post the details  you have of  him in the 61 census, or if you haven't got him in 1861,   have  you any  of the later censuses for him?
 Do you have a marriage cert for William  with a father's name?

Does William say in any of the later censuses in 1861, 1871, 1881 etc where he was born in Carmarthenshire ? Or does he just say Carmarthenshire in all of the censuses?

Was he with with his parents or any relatives, or  was he with someone else in 1861 when he was 11 years old?
You  really need what part of Carmarthenshire he was born at the very least  for a anyone to try and look for you for him in the  1851 census . Otherwise it really is  like looking for a needle in a haystack for him .

Plus  any other  info you have about him no matter how small it seems , it all helps to try and locate the right person. 

Can you post  up any other information that you do have on William, from  censuses to certs etc ,which may help people to locate him in 51 for you

I'll try and take a  look for him for you in 51  if you do have  more  info other than just a name and born somewhere in Carmarthen.
 Best Wishes  :)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline onecoat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 August 05 12:29 BST (UK) »
hi, i dont know where in camarthen he was born, the only info i have for him is he married ann (dont know here maiden name) they had 2 girls called marry 1873 and elizabeth ann 1875, 2 boys called david john (my gt grandad) 1871 and charles1880. In 1881 census the were living at 26 fredrick street ystrodgfodwg glamorgan

onecoat
Roberts- South Wales
Miles - Surrey
Miles - Scotland
Miles - India
brock- lambeth
brock- oxford
mcdermott - ballymena
crow - lincolnshire
fudge - somerset

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 07:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Have you got  William in the 1871 and the 1861 census?
Is William still alive in 1891 and 1901? If so have got  you those censuses?

Do all these censuses just say Carmarthenshire for birth place?

what censuses do you have with William in? Is it just 1881?
One of the other censuses may throw some light on to where he was born in Carmartheshire

I took a look at the 1881 census , and there is no way I can jump back a huge gap of  30 years to 1851 looking for him with just that info you've given from 1881. All you  seem to have is a name, no parents, no siblings names and an abt age for him.

Say for example if  I find two  or three 1 yr olds  in Carmarthenshire in 1851- how will you know which one  is  your William, if any of them at all? ( he may not even be born in 1849/1850,  and may even  be born just after the census of 1851) . Searching through the whole of Carmartheshire, all the parishes, villages in 1851 would literally take months on end  - it is not as easy as searching on a  person's name like at the LDS's 1881 census, or at ancestry. To find people in most of the parishes in  Carmarthenshire 1851 you need to look at each page - image to image, door to door. So you really do need  to know what parish or village he is likely to be living in 1851- so the person  can look through the pages  at all the households at that  particular parish  and surrounds for you.

You need more info, parents or siblings names, and where he is likely to be living or  born - you need to find him in the other censuses first if you haven't already . He should be with his parents in the 1861.
Have you looked for him in 1861?, That's easier to  search, you can search by the  person's name ( online). I don't really  understand why you want  him in 1851 first , if you have not  got him in 1861 yet when he should be in that one too with his parents/ parent etc as an 11 yr old child.  It's no good me looking for him in 1861. I wouldn't  know if I've found the right one for you with no parents names  to go on, no birth place etc

Again, you're going to have a problem knowing if you've found the right one in 1861 if you have no idea of  his  parents names , siblings etc, you'd just be guessing you have found him

You really could do with either William's birth or marriage certificate. A marriage should be the easier one to find first .  To get Ann's maiden name why don't your order David John's birth certificate?If you can't find David John's birth,  you could try looking for one of  David's siblings births and order one of those instead.
The birth cert will give you Ann's previously known by name. with that info you can then try and   search for  Wiliam's  and Ann's marriage . You could then order that marrige  certificate and it will give you William's father's name and occupation ( who william says it is ) , at least then you will have some extra information to narrow down your search and  may help to  locate the right William as a child

Good luck,  I do hope you find him. If I were you I would try and get some certificates to try and trace this family back through the censuses to get him  in 1861 first as a child  then back  to 1851  :)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline onecoat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 08:02 BST (UK) »
thanks for your help i will order a birth certificate this morning and see what happens

onecoat
Roberts- South Wales
Miles - Surrey
Miles - Scotland
Miles - India
brock- lambeth
brock- oxford
mcdermott - ballymena
crow - lincolnshire
fudge - somerset

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi - I know you posted this ages ago, but I am doing a spot of tidying - did you sort this one, or are you still seeking help?

kind regards Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline onecoat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 09:01 BST (UK) »
Sorry Arranroots i meant to put completed but totally forgot,

onecoat,
Roberts- South Wales
Miles - Surrey
Miles - Scotland
Miles - India
brock- lambeth
brock- oxford
mcdermott - ballymena
crow - lincolnshire
fudge - somerset

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 09:16 BST (UK) »
Perfect!  Thank you  :D

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline mayday

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 15 December 08 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Just wondering if you have a Ann Edwards in your family tree who married a Edward Goodchild c1730?

Kind Regardd

Mayday :D
Reigate and any variations.Burnell,Woolley,Costello,O'Hay,Moran,Mundy.