Author Topic: GILES: Abingdon Parish Records  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GILES: Abingdon Parish Records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 November 06 17:12 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi, Just tagging on to this, as I too, would be interested in the outcome.  :)
          Lesanne.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline J.Reynolds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 November 06 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello again, Nicola (58holden) and Lesanne.

I don't know, as yet, when my Emily Giles was born. The posted reply by 'Debbie' suggests that there's an Emily Giles in the 1891 Census who was 27 and buried in Abingdon Churchyard. This is the one who could possibly be my grandfather's mother. Walter's sister Emily would have been too young (7) if she was born circa 1873.

I've stumbled on the name Emily Giles in my search for my mother's adopted son by her first marriage to a Wallace James Cave (d.1958). His name was Brian Cave and he is/was the grandson of Emily Giles. If still alive, he'd be in his mid-seventies now. This branch of the Caves seem to have come mostly from Bridgewater. My mother tried to find him before she died but sadly, was unsuccessful.

The plot thickens -- but if I find out anything that might be useful to you, I'll make a posting.

Cheers, Alan 

58holden

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 November 06 23:07 GMT (UK) »
HI Alan,
   yes the plot does thicken indeed, I will look forward to hearing from you if youcan find the connection.

cheers NIcola