Author Topic: OFFER - Lancashire Records Office  (Read 7970 times)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OFFER - Lancashire Records Office
« Reply #45 on: Friday 23 February 24 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if anyone does this sort of look-up anymore but if anyone does I'm helping a cousin with their Irish ancestors and it would be useful to know the name of the father of Patrick Cox who married Ellen Grogan at St Marie RC (Our Lady's) Lydiate in the Apr/May/Jun quarter of 1887. On Genuki the reference for the film is as follows: "1856-1941 held by Lancashire Record Office MF 9/125 - Microfilm". The parents of the bride were in England so we know about them (they were from Knock). The father of the groom's name may help me to find out where in County Mayo, Ireland this Cox family came from. Thanks for any help given.

C

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OFFER - Lancashire Records Office
« Reply #46 on: Friday 08 March 24 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Do the Lancashire Records extend to the records for England and Wales Non-Conformist and Non-Parochial Registers (1567-1936) or are they just COE? I have someone that I'm looking up ancestors for and they are Presbyterians. I've looked in the register I did locate and found James Birch (bapt. 11 Aug 1720) to Joseph Birch of Gorton Lane, Manchester. I've looked through every entry and the majority are Baptisms and only a handful of deaths. The rest are recipes for aches and pains, Asthma and other ailments and liquor. I'm looking for marriage and death records that were not included in the register. I'm trying to figure out who else is in Joseph and James Birch's family. Thank you for any suggestions!