Author Topic: Donald McKenzie & Catherine McLean  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Krisy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Donald McKenzie & Catherine McLean
« on: Saturday 06 August 05 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,

Looking for information on my McKenzie's

My 2nd G-grandfather William McKenzie, b. 2 Aug 1840 in Inverness, son of Donald McKenzie (a Shepherd) & Catherine McLean.  William married Margaret Robertson on 3 Aug 1866.  Margaret was the daughter of Alex Robertson & Margaret Matheson b. 23 Nov 1840. 

Both William's parents Donald & Catherine are shown as deceased at the time of his marriage in 1866.  Margaret's father Alex is deceased but not her mother.  Also on the marriage certificate it shows the witnesses as Alex McKenzie & Roderick Robertson, possible siblings.

William McKenzie (was a Tailor) & Margaret Robertson and their Scottish born children immigrated to Canada in 1890.  The family as per the 1881 Scottish census shows 8 children.  The 1901 Census in Canada does not show all 8, so there is a possibility that some may have  stayed in Scotland.

I am looking for any information on these families, and still desperately seeking my Scottish Cousins  :D

Krisy
Young, Traill, McKenzie, Carnegie, Robertson, Smart, McLean, Matheson, Duncan, Smith, Laing, Rennie

Offline BILLDORGAN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Donald McKenzie & Catherine McLean
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed your August post on rootschat.com. I have a Donald MacKenzie who married Catherine MacLean in my extensive MACKENZIE data base.  A few questions:

Do you know the parents of your Donald MacKenzie?
Do you know if your Donald had siblings? How about a brother named William who went to Nova Scotia in 1801?
Did your Donald live and work in the Ruilick area of Ross-shire in the parish of Kilmorack, Inverness, Scotland?
Was your Donald baptized in Urray Parish?
Do you have a connection to Killearnan Parish, Ross-shire?
Any of these questions interest you? ... contact me.

Bill Dorgan