Author Topic: search engine result  (Read 758 times)

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
search engine result
« on: Monday 19 March 18 13:38 GMT (UK) »
I often search the internet for people in my family tree with some positive results  :D

Today I searched for John Graves WYATT and the last result that came up was this:

He in turn was the son of another John Graves Wyatt said that he was aged hair dresser not born in Surrey with him were two apprentice hairdressers. No godfather is named Westminster Diocesan Archives Register of St Mary Chelsea 1 page noted 1 July 01.

clicking on the link takes you to a sale for a gold rouble, nothing to do with Wyatt.

So, what is the savebug site and where can I find out more about this tantilising information about John Graves WYATT?

Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: search engine result
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 March 18 13:54 GMT (UK) »
It seems to be text from "Additions" to Royal Mistresses and Bastards by the esteemed Anthony J Camp
http://anthonyjcamp.com/page10.htm

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:01 GMT (UK) »
I often search the internet for people in my family tree with some positive results  :D

Today I searched for John Graves WYATT and the last result that came up was this:

He in turn was the son of another John Graves Wyatt said that he was aged hair dresser not born in Surrey with him were two apprentice hairdressers. No godfather is named Westminster Diocesan Archives Register of St Mary Chelsea 1 page noted 1 July 01.

clicking on the link takes you to a sale for a gold rouble, nothing to do with Wyatt.

So, what is the savebug site and where can I find out more about this tantilising information about John Graves WYATT?

The internet is full of these click-bait sites, the page may well contain the text you quoted but it is hidden from human view although the search engine picks it up. 

In this case however there is a clue:  "not born in Surrey" is a strange thing to report, it could only have come from the 1841 census which records "born in county? yes/no".  So you can assume  the person named appears on the 1841 somewhere in Surrey which the answer "N" to that question.  Should be a start.     
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:07 GMT (UK) »

In this case however there is a clue:  "not born in Surrey" is a strange thing to report, it could only have come from the 1841 census which records "born in county? yes/no".  So you can assume  the person named appears on the 1841 somewhere in Surrey which the answer "N" to that question.  Should be a start.   

I've already said where the text is from.
http://anthonyjcamp.com/page10.htm
No 20. John Graves Wyatt

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the replies.

I've seen the Anthony Camp references to John Graves Wyatt and have that info already.

The No godfather is named Westminster Diocesan Archives Register of St Mary Chelsea 1 page noted 1 July 01 doesn't seem to part of the entry.  Perhaps it's just something random picked up just like the reference to Wyatt bears no relation to the rouble ???

I've found it now - same website but about Blanche, Duchess of Caracciolo and Olga de Meyer
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:27 GMT (UK) »
EDIT - I see you have found it!
John

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.

So, sadly no new information this time.

One day I might find out who his parents were .....
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE