Author Topic: Picnic Anyone? Clean-up, brighten and date please NSW Australia  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Picnic Anyone? Clean-up, brighten and date please NSW Australia
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 March 18 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen...How lucky are you...love this photo. Another clean up to add to your collection.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 March 18 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, beautiful restore! I'm going to re-think my standard 'restore process' because mine loses the lovely creamy whites that you retained. These add so much to the quality of the photo.
Mike

Quote from: Treetotal link=topic=790392.msg6463305#msg6463305 date=15219891 29
Hi Jen...How lucky are you...love this photo. Another clean up to add to your collection.
Carol
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 March 18 17:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, beautiful restore! I'm going to re-think my standard 'restore process' because mine loses the lovely creamy whites that you retained. These add so much to the quality of the photo.
Mike

Quote from: Treetotal link=topic=790392.msg6463305#msg6463305 date=15219891 29
Carol

Thanks Mike...how nice of you to say...That's how I learned...from others over the years ;D

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline aus*jen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 26 March 18 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,  Thankyou for your great restoration of the photo, love the brightness and contrast
and the detail.  I especially like the fact that you have retained the rays of sunshine from the right
of the picture slanting across the people in the front.  I am indeed fortunate to have so many great
restorations of the pic.

Regards,
Jen.
Boland   NSW, Australia
Gibbs   S.Aust. & Queensland
Jennings NSW, Australia
Page  Coventry UK, Queensland Aust.
Sellars (Sellard) Gloucestershire
Kirby  Lechlade, Gloucestershire
Hampshire  Stepney, Middlesex & Hampshire
Goddard,  Isle of Wight
Cushen, Isle of Wight
Keys,  Tyrone Ireland & NSW Australia

Offline aus*jen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 26 March 18 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol,  I love everything about your wonderful restoration of the photo especially the warmth
of the sepia tones.  These create a lovely contrast and bring out the detail of the costumes and hats
The misty effect around the perimeter of the photo is a lovely touch and gives focus to the group.
Thankyou for your time and expertise in restoring the photo. ;D ;D

Regards,
Jen.

p.s.  Wiggy has mentioned to me that there is 'something' in the photo on the right of the lady with
        the glasses.  Looks like a small face to me, could it be a baby (looking from the side) and
        wearing a bonnet?  Can be seen in the colour version by Trishanne.
Boland   NSW, Australia
Gibbs   S.Aust. & Queensland
Jennings NSW, Australia
Page  Coventry UK, Queensland Aust.
Sellars (Sellard) Gloucestershire
Kirby  Lechlade, Gloucestershire
Hampshire  Stepney, Middlesex & Hampshire
Goddard,  Isle of Wight
Cushen, Isle of Wight
Keys,  Tyrone Ireland & NSW Australia

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 26 March 18 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen

I had a go atthis over the weekend but got side tracked.  You've had some lovely restores but, as I'd done them,  here are my efforts - a straight B & W and a tinted one (toner said it was called Retro!)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 March 18 15:16 BST (UK) »
Can't get them both on together- here's Retro

I think the bit by the lady with specs might be some foliage from the background - not sure though  :-\

Gadget

Added - had another look at the area by the lady and it does look closer than background. Also, is the lady to the left sitting on something  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 March 18 16:14 BST (UK) »
I've just enlarged (x3) a snip from the original.

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 26 March 18 17:46 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome, Jen, and thanks for the compliment. Yes, you're fortunate to get different high-quality restorations. Speaking just for myself, what inspires me most to work on photos is that they are just great photos (whatever the date/quality). This is definately one of them!

Mike

Hi Mike,  Thankyou for your great restoration of the photo, love the brightness and contrast
and the detail.  I especially like the fact that you have retained the rays of sunshine from the right
of the picture slanting across the people in the front.  I am indeed fortunate to have so many great
restorations of the pic.

Regards,
Jen.
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.