Author Topic: Redmond and Haig (in wexford) ??  (Read 1154 times)

Offline doreen gall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Redmond and Haig (in wexford) ??
« on: Saturday 06 August 05 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
Found the following on the 1861 census living in Liverpool.
William Redmond ,  head , 36 , Ship Owner & Agent. b Ireland
Mary  ,                    wife ,   32.                                    ..  ...
Esther,                 daughter 11.                                   ..  ...
Dorothea,                 ...        10.                                   ..  ...
Richard,                   son         4.                                   ..  ...
Rose     Haig    sister in law   25.                                  ..  ...

Esther is my GT/ Grandmother and so far I haven't been able to trace the town or county from which the family came from.

Esther was married in 1870 to Nicholas Combie (Kombhi) at that time her wed cert shows her as a minor, here,her father is named as Patrick Redmond . I have searched for other Esther Redmond's that would be of here age at the time of the census and have found none , she was the only one with that name in Liverpool on the night of the census . It may well be her father was a Patrick and William was his second name .

Can anyone help me find the Redmond family living somewhere in Ireland between 1825-1860. I would think that William (P) or Patrick (W)  and Mary (Haig) would have wed prior to 1850 the year Esther was born.

Giffith Valuation index shows two entries for Partick W  Redmond  AT St Selkars  and Great Oldross both in Wexford.

Can anyone do a lookup for the birth / marriage of Patrick W Redmon on the BIVRI in Wexford .   

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, I do hope that somebody can help me,  this Redmond family and Esthers Greek husbands family are two big brick walls.   
Regards
Doreen.
Middlbie, Canobie, Dfs -
Buchanan, Blacklock, Bell, Davidson, Jackson, Little, Oven
Liverpool / Ireland,
Redmond,
Yorkshire / Liverpool, Jones, Pierce, Kerwin

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Redmond and Haig (in wexford) ??
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 August 05 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Are you thinking that the Redmonds were Anglican? You could try looking for Wexford Anglican parish records.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline doreen gall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 September 05 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate , just noticed your reply found it in my bulk mail, apparently mail alerts from Roots  Chat are being sent to my bulk mail folder as spam mail, will try to sort this out.

I don't know the religion of the family and since I posted my cry for help a lady from Liverpool found a  William A Redmond "Shipping Agent" for the Wexford Shipping Co in a trades directory . I think that he will be the same William that was recorded in the 1861 census, along with the rest of the Redmond's and sister in law Rose Haig. So now I need to find the birth for Esther. I'm wondering if perhaps she was recorded as a daughter in error on the census instead of a niece. Her wed cert states her father to be a Patrick Redmond, he may have been the brother of William.
Do you know if I can search any Irish parish records on line, not knowing the parish where Esther was born is a big problem.

Many thanks
Doreen.

Middlbie, Canobie, Dfs -
Liverpool / Ireland,
Redmond,

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 September 05 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If the Wexford Anglican parish records survive, they will most likely be found in the Representative Church Body Library in Dublin. It is very rare to find Irish parish records available online.

http://www.ireland.anglican.org/pressreleases/index.php?p=110

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline doreen gall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 September 05 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate,thanks for the web site will see what info I can find. It looks like I have a lot more searching to do.
Cheers
Doreen.
Middlbie, Canobie, Dfs -
Liverpool / Ireland,
Redmond,