Author Topic: Gravestone Topic=The Gravestone Store  (Read 38945 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Do we need a Gravestone Topic?=The Gravestone Store
« Reply #54 on: Friday 12 August 05 08:54 BST (UK) »
Spooky Cal

I have some rellies who moved to Camberwell in the mid 1800s - think I'll leave looking for their graves until I've got a few weeks to spare

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Sean O Callaghan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 12 August 05 12:03 BST (UK) »
Fantastic idea.

I have just returned from a trip to Cork, Ireland, where I visited many family graves.  Whenever I am back there, which is quite often these days, I can look up graves for anyone.  In the meantime, if anyone wants any grave looked up in North Lancashire/South Lakeland or South Cumbria area, let me know and I would be only too willing to help.

Ceallachain

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 12 August 05 13:45 BST (UK) »
Burial plots online?  YES, in Oz!

A number of Australian cemeteries are online, including the one in the beautiful provincial city where I live.

I wish, how I wish, that this applied to England and Ireland!!!!!

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 12 August 05 14:00 BST (UK) »
Me too MarieC

Surely if this was the case more people would look after family graves

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Paul E

« Reply #58 on: Sunday 14 August 05 06:56 BST (UK) »
This idea gets my vote, Celia!  And it probably would have had George Formby's, too... ;)
http://etherington.rootschat.net/html/george_foreman_grill.html

cheers

Paul

Offline Steven.Hill

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 14 August 05 08:27 BST (UK) »
A great idea! We need a Gravestone Topic on this board, there is many questions about Gravestone Preservation, How to take a digital image of a stone, How to record stones. I have six years of experience in recording Gravestones and could answer a lot of enquires on this board, I have a new web site and still in the early stages of development.
www.graveyardproject.info/index.htm
Steve

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 14 August 05 14:17 BST (UK) »
Paul
Thank you Kind Sir ;D

Steven
I do Cemetery lookups and take photos of Headstones  for the decedent of the buried.(See Earlie posting)Also do M.I.So I know how important this hobby is to others.

I have now received a P.M with an offer of help in tracing my Gravestone.(The one in Stafford)If this is successful i will Post a "Grave Stone now located" edit on the Post

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 14 August 05 14:41 BST (UK) »
                                   Note ;D

I would like to add a suggestion if i may ;)If you see a request for a cemetery headstone search, that is in your area.That you are willing to do as a "One off",but don't want to offer on this topic in case you get "Bogged Down" ;D with requests that you cannot do.You can allways P.M that  that person and keep your privacy

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 14 August 05 15:25 BST (UK) »
Just found this topic - think it is a great idea :D

Can visit cemetries and church graveyards almost anywhere in north Gwent (Monmouthshire)  ;D  As long as no-one is in a particular rush  ???  Can't do actual look-ups - sorry, what with work, children etc etc, just don't have the time  :( but a lot of the graveyards are quite small.  :-\

I do know that council run cemetries in Blaenau Gwent are on their listings and if you write to them they will provide details.

If anyone thinks they have a relative in this area send me a pm and I can tell you whether it is council run and what the address is etc.  :P 

Hope that's ok and the sort of thing you mean Celia??

Regards

Julie :)
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk