Author Topic: Rosemary Hudson Search Request for Australia  (Read 3478 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Search Request for Australia
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 05 April 18 06:03 BST (UK) »

There is a probate record.

FLANDERS, Muriel Helen Joan of 4 Market Rd, Herne Bay Kent died 14th Aug,1881 1981 (edit typo)Probate Brighton 28th September, 21,553 pounds.

Sue

Would certainly be worth getting this will to see if Rosemary is mentioned.

This suggestion is a good one.
Was there a will? Or just probate on an intestate death? How do you find that out?

Acquiring the Isle of Wight birth certificate of Rosemary to get the exact birthdate is also a helpful idea.

Another thought....
Although Rosemary is not mentioned in the Australian death notice of father Ewan HUDSON, there is a chance she will be recorded on his death certificate.

Australian certificates give a great deal of information unlike the English counterparts.

Much, of course, depends on the knowledge and honesty of the informant for the registration
The living or dead status of children is often recorded as well as all the below......

Name
Date
Death place
Cause of death
Parents' names
Spouse names
Marriage details
Chns names
No of chn
Birthplace
Residency
Burial place

A transcription or, if you wish partial transcription, of the death certificate is more affordable than the real thing and perfectly adequate. This is the contact for one of the reliable agents.

http://www.joymurrin.com.au/home-page/our-services/nsw/

Sue
ADDING.
I believe I did not mention this voyage of Ewan Ronald HUDSON back to England from West Indies.

HUDSON, Ewan R H
Age 22
Occ. Nil
Arrived August 10th 1920
Last Perm address Demerara
Intended address, 15 Well Street, Ryde, Isle of Wight.

So just 3 months before departing again 12th November for Australia.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Rosemary Hudson Search Request for Australia
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 05 April 18 08:28 BST (UK) »
This suggestion is a good one.
Was there a will? Or just probate on an intestate death? How do you find that out?

I'm pretty sure that there would be a will. From the GRO site:

Types of grant
Not all grants of representation contain a will. Check the type of grant when you search:

Probate’ or ‘Grant and Will’ - a will exists and will be provided
‘Admon with Will’ or ‘Grant and Will’ - a will exists and will be provided
‘Administration (Admon) or Grant’ - a will doesn’t exist and won’t be provided

The will can be ordered from here https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate  for £10 and usually takes about 5 days.

From Sparrett's post about Ewan's intended address, I would guess that 15 Well Street, Ryde, Isle of Wight, could well be where Rosemary was born.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Leonard55

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rosemary Hudson Search Request for Australia
« Reply #47 on: Friday 10 September 21 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
I came across this in a google search. Rosemary Hudson is my aunt. She was indeed the daughter of Ewan and Muriel. Ewan is my Grandfather but both Rosemary's mother and he divorced in the 1920s. He went on to remarry my Grandmother Elizabeth and have 5 more children. Sadly, Rosemary died a number of years ago but my mother visited her prior to her death. They were half sisters. Rosemary had a child, 'Carol' who died only a few years ago. If I can be of any more help, please let me know.
Elizabeth