Author Topic: Help Locating Family  (Read 739 times)

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Locating Family
« on: Saturday 07 April 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I have a family in my line that disappears off the 1901 census, as far as I can see. I was wondering if anyone can help me locate any of the members? Thomas Tucker Page is one of my great-great grandfathers, I know he was born in Bermuda in 1846; and the first time I found any record of him even being in U.K, is in 1868 when he was admitted to Dreadnought's Seamen's Hospital in London. On that record he says he had been working on ships since age 13, which is perhaps why I don't find any record of him living anywhere until his marriage in 1882 in Liverpool to Mary Ann Henry (born 1862 in Liverpool). I find Thomas again on the 1891 census living in Liverpool, with his wife and the following children: Charles Thomas Page (b.1883), Mary Louisa Page (b.1885), William Francis Page (b.1889), and Francis Thomas Page (b.1890). There was an Anna Rosina Page, who was born about 1892. Thomas's wife Mary dies in 1898.

I can't find the family in 1901 anywhere, I wonder if the children were put in an orphanage? Thomas worked as a ship's cook and would have had to work to keep them. I find the family again on the 1911 census, and Thomas dies in 1915. Mary's father died in 1898 as well, so the children couldn't have been with him, but not sure where Mary's mother Anne was in 1901. As for Thomas, I don't know anything about his parents, only that his father was also Thomas Page and worked at sea, so don't think the children would have been with his family (don't even think Thomas had any UK family, besides his wife and children) Can anyone help locate the family?

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Locating Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 April 18 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi I think possibly Francis T Page and William T are inmates at 29, Everton Brow, West Derby
Census ref RG13/3481/97/15
Keyboard86

EDIT on Ancestry Francis T PAPE and William Tucker LOGE
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 April 18 19:03 BST (UK) »
That is incredible! Thank you so much for finding this info, that side of the family have so much mystery.

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 April 18 19:18 BST (UK) »
There's an Annie Page aged 8, born Liverpool, living in Everton Road, Everton in 1901.  May be a red herring, but someone will have access to the record to rule it out since I don't have a sub to view who she is living with (she is not listed as living with parents).

Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 April 18 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again, whatever this "Institution" was, it was headed by a Matron, and all the residents are boys who from their places of birth could be sons of seaman?
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 April 18 19:27 BST (UK) »
There's an Annie Page aged 8, born Liverpool, living in Everton Road, Everton in 1901.  May be a red herring, but someone will have access to the record to rule it out since I don't have a sub to view who she is living with (she is not listed as living with parents).

Bev

Yes like that one, again in an Institution.
Census ref RG13/3480/98/9
Keyboard86

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 April 18 12:25 BST (UK) »

Bev

Yes like that one, again in an Institution.
Census ref RG13/3480/98/9
Keyboard86

How do I search this reference on Ancestry to find the record? I read the guide about choosing 'Old Search' to input references, but cannot seem to find this search option on Ancestry.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 April 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi if you bring up the 1901 census, not the census collection, scroll down and you will see Piece/Folio/Page put in the numbers 3480/98/9 she is shown as Annie BAGO
Keyboard86