Author Topic: Naturalization Record  (Read 7314 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Naturalization Record
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 03 May 18 10:36 BST (UK) »
Checked up on Ruth Carolyn Goppert from the 1910 Census, daughter of Frederick and Josephine. She married Frank Leonard Berth in 1919 and her mother was indeed recorded as Josephine Henning. The record is on FindMyPast.

Ian

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 03 May 18 11:10 BST (UK) »
I have messaged the Arlington Cemetery Association to see if they have any info re headstone etc.
YORKSHIRE: Duffin, Henning, Hampshire, Allerston, McLaren, Levett
NORTHANTS: Garton, Eady

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/stevegartongenealogy

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 03 May 18 11:37 BST (UK) »
I'm probably clutching at straws, but with Josephine's mother being named as Annae Peters on her  baptism and then Margaret Neff (mis-transcription of Greff?), I looked in that Italian database and found a marriage in Manhattan on 19 Feb 1867 for an Ann H (M?) Peters, but there was no Groom attached to the record. 

Perhaps Greff was her maiden name, she then married a Peters and then married Charles Henning?
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 03 May 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
Just another random thought....   I was trying to think how/if you could link the Charles in the US with Charles in Hull, and wondered if his occupation was the key.   

The death cert for Ann Henning in the UK says she was the wife of Charles Henning a shipping clerk, and I automatically assumed shipping = ships, but what if it was 'shipping' as in transporting goods.  Would that tie in with the description of Railroad Agent on his death certificate in the US?   Perhaps he was somehow still in touch with his family in the UK?
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 03 May 18 14:50 BST (UK) »
Just following up on the two daughters shown in the US census, there is a marriage on 21 Nov 1880 between Annie P Henning & Archibald Robertson.   Annie is 17 and her parents are Charles Henning & Ann M Graff:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24S9-39Q

By 1900 she is 36 (but gives year of birth as 1853 so has been transcribed as older) and is living in Kearny, New Jersey with husband Archibald & 5 children - all born NY (Edit - youngest child born New Jersey) - and gives her father's birth place as Norway.  Also living with them is her widowed mother, Annie Henning, born Holland.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9JK-1XK

Added: According to a tree on Anc* daughter Annie's full name was Annie Margarita Peters Henning, although there is no source for this.  There is a link to a clipping of her obituary in the Winnipeg Tribune dated 10 Dec 1941.

Just heard back from the Arlington Cemetery Association with info about the records for Charles Henning. Seems the plot owner is a Mrs A Robertson which ties in with the info above from Jomot. So I now know the location of the grave and the number etc. Will have to see if there is a headstone, or as its a plot, who else is buried there.

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 03 May 18 15:10 BST (UK) »
Just another random thought....   I was trying to think how/if you could link the Charles in the US with Charles in Hull, and wondered if his occupation was the key.   

The death cert for Ann Henning in the UK says she was the wife of Charles Henning a shipping clerk, and I automatically assumed shipping = ships, but what if it was 'shipping' as in transporting goods.  Would that tie in with the description of Railroad Agent on his death certificate in the US?   Perhaps he was somehow still in touch with his family in the UK?

That would somehow make sense and if he was sending guilt money to his former wife in the UK it would explain how she died leaving £500 to her son.

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 03 May 18 16:48 BST (UK) »
Further info from Arlington re the burial plot:

The plot was later moved to a new location and the grave vault includes:
Annie M Robertson
Alexander H Robertson
Archibald Robertson
Marguerite S Rowe
Anna M Henning
Gertrude P Robertson
George Robertson Rowe
Chas Henning
Fredk B Goppert

The last name came up earlier in the thread I believe. I did ask about a headstone but they did not respond to that question, though it now seems this is a vault.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 03 May 18 17:03 BST (UK) »
Great information - ties the US family together nicely, including Josephine & Annie's husbands. 

I meant to ask, what was Charles' occupation given as on his son's marriage certificate? 

Offline stevejgarton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 03 May 18 17:32 BST (UK) »
Great information - ties the US family together nicely, including Josephine & Annie's husbands. 

I meant to ask, what was Charles' occupation given as on his son's marriage certificate?

Carpenter