Author Topic: FOWLIE family  (Read 8871 times)

Offline Warren Fowlie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: FOWLIE FAMILY
« Reply #18 on: Monday 21 October 19 20:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the Fowlie Family connection Lisa. I'll work my way through the records I have and will get back to you when I have more information.
FOWLIE, FOWLLIE, FOULIE, also FAWLIE (Scotland Census), sometimes FOWLER, historically FOULZIE and other variations noted.

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 October 19 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Forfarian:  It's nice to bump into you again.  I haven't been on RootsChat for a long time; you were very helpful when I was last here.  Thank you for your pronunciation.  :)

Would you have any record of any Fowley's in Sligo, Ireland, please?  Of course I would love to know more about Sarah's family, but I am also interested in finding out if my Fowley ancestors lived in Scotland prior to their arrival in Ireland.
Just to clarify: I didn't mean to imply that I would like any and all information about every Fowley in Sligo, I just wondered if there were any in Sligo.   ;) ;)

Hi Warren Fowlie:  After reading your reply, I believe you know that I was asking about Sarah but I just had to clarify my statement.  When I reread what I wrote, it sounded to me like I was asking for full details.

When I started researching James' and Sarah's daughter, Dora, I didn't know anything about Dora's parents (including the fact that they were born in Ireland) nor did I know that she had any siblings.  Nothing was ever mentioned about this side of the family so anything that I can learn is very interesting.  I appreciate your time and effort that it will take to look through your records.  Thank you for your reply, and for taking the time to look.  I look forward to seeing a reply when it is convenient.
 (Please know that I have become a very patient person and know how time-consuming researching can be - I don't mind waiting for a long time if it is not convenient for you right now).  :) Kind regards, Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline plaidgal1355

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 16:20 BST (UK) »
What is your source for Mary Fowlie Barclay marrying George Scott?
She is my 2nd Great Grandmother, and married Charles Scott on 23 Dec 1871.
Their 5th child, William Barclay Scott, is my Great Grandfather.  He came across to Barre, Vermont, US, to join his Barclay cousins and uncles and work in their graniteworks, which became the famous Barclay Brothers.
Do you have more information on the Fowlie surname used as her middle name?

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 17:41 BST (UK) »
Is Mary Fowler  the daughter of Mary MacDonald who married Peter Barclay if so I come down the line from her first child Eleanor Munro
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 17:50 BST (UK) »
Sorry there Fowlie not Fowler I have a photo of Mary MacDonald Barclay with her husband Charles Scott and their family
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline plaidgal1355

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 18:18 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth, Yes, that's correct.
My Great Grandfather was William Barclay Scott, Eleanor's brother.  So we are 'cousins'.
The only bits I have about Eleanor: she was born 17 Apr 1872, Pitsligo, and married a man whose last name was Foreman.
I'd appreciate any information you'd be willing to share!
I am in touch with two other cousins there in Scotland. Descendant of two other siblings, Charles and Alexander.
I have a wonderful photo album the family put together before my G-grandfather came across.  There is a photo of Charles and Mary sitting in front of the home at Burnthill, and a formal photo of all the siblings.
-Wendy

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 19:10 BST (UK) »
I will PM you
Elizabeth

Offline plaidgal1355

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:26 BST (UK) »
That would be good, thanks.

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 20:53 BST (UK) »
Posted a PM to you with my email address
Elizabeth