Author Topic: Extra Births, Deaths & Marriages  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Krisy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Extra Births, Deaths & Marriages
« on: Sunday 07 August 05 16:35 BST (UK) »
While researching my ancestors births, deaths & marriages, I have one or two others on the same certificates that I paid for that are of no interest to me.  I also have a few that were the wrong ones. 

My question is, can I post the names, info, etc., here for others that may be researching those families, they are all mostly in the Angus/Forfar area.  I would be willing to e-mail copies at no charge.

Krisy
Young, Traill, McKenzie, Carnegie, Robertson, Smart, McLean, Matheson, Duncan, Smith, Laing, Rennie

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Births, Deaths & Marriages
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 August 05 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Kirsty,you asked a good question.I also had and still have more BDMs that are of no use to me either and i made the mistake of posting mine without asking first.I cant see the harm myself we have already paid for them but Scotlands People where i got my info from might not see it that way.I still have others that i would like to post but dont know what to do.It will be interesting to see the response that you get.Good for you for asking,i should have done that also but its a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.Anne.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline GEN10

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 August 05 17:40 BST (UK) »
Hya Ann and Krisy, I too have MANY certificates from SP and would gladly pass them on free as I have already paid for them. Any one got the answer to this?
GEN10
FIFE NAMES:BELL, BEVERIDGE, MCNEILL, HENDERSON, HYND, MITCHEL, WEBSTER.
MIDLOTHIAN NAMES: BLAIR, CROMBIE,  FAIRNIE, GREENLEES, LATTA, PEAT, SNEDDON/SNADDON.
ANGUS: BEAN, COWIE, GOWANS, MYLES, SKIRLING

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 October 05 00:47 BST (UK) »
The place to post spare BMDs is the Scottish BMD Exchange http://www.sctbdm.com/

HTH
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Ian Scott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 October 05 04:11 BST (UK) »
Great link, Forfarian.

First search I hit was a jackpot  ;D

Thank you

Ian
Scott,Mcintosh,Airth,Hunter,Milne,Strachan,Gilchrist,Farquharson.,Watson,Low.