Author Topic: Photos of St Chads, Tushingham Nr Whitchurch  (Read 9685 times)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Photos of St Chads, Tushingham Nr Whitchurch
« on: Sunday 07 August 05 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I have just been for a walk to the above Church - a lovely place in the middle of the countryside - if any one has a burial at this church and would like a photo/reading of the headstone please let me know - I would love the exercise - the nearest road in nearly 1/2 a mile away!!
I believe that although a new church was built in the 1870's this one is the only one with a burial ground!

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of St Chads, Tushingham Nr Whitchurch
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 19:26 BST (UK) »
H
Ibbotson, de Woolfson, Haynes, Chapman, Shoveler

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith

Sorry about the last post, pressed the wrong button. Once again you may be able to help me out with my Louis Estavan Green de Woolfson. Not sure if he was buried at St Chad's but his family home was 26 St Johns Hill, which looking at the map was not that far from the Church. So If you are going to the church again would you be able to have a quick look. If on your travel to the church you pass 26 St Johns hill,and its still standing, (on the census it was next door to a school) could you take a quick snap.

Thanks once more.

Regards
David

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 21:17 BST (UK) »
Hi David,

You've got me there - where is St Johns Hill??  ???

The only one I can find is in the centre of Shrewsbury!

St Chads, Tushingham is just north of Whitchurch - has one of us got the wrong place?

Might be me - as I have only lived in the area for 2 years!!  ;D

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 August 05 07:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith

Thanks for replying. Looking at www.shrewsburyguide.info/shrewsbury_map.html. St John Hill is an extension of Shoplatch-Marden Hd, then turn right into St Chad Terrace and St Chads church is opposite Quarry Park. But looking at your pictures and the guide's pictures the churches don't look the same, so are there 2 St Chad's ?.

Regards
David

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 August 05 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi David,

Yes there must be 2 St Chads Churches!!

I notice mine says it is also called "The Church in a Field" - you can see why!!

Yours is in the middle of Shrewsbury - I think "Lloydy" aka Jan is willing to take photos of Shrewsbury - give her a nudge!!

I thought is was strange your bloke lived out in the "sticks" (now where did that expression come from??) - as he had a few quid to leave in his Will.

If you don't get any further with this - I have a hospital appointment in Shrewsbury next month - will see what time I have afterwards.

Cheers

Keith

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 August 05 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Ibbotson,

I haven't forgotten to go and take your pic of 26 St John's Hill!!!  I just haven't been into the town centre for some time, but do need to go next week to take my older two children for routine eye tests. The digi camera will be coming too........... :D

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 11 August 05 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan

Thats very kind, thank you.

Regards
David

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 11 August 05 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just received email saying that this topic I am watching has been marked as a sticky topic "whats a sticky topic"?

Regards
David