Author Topic: Burial place  (Read 4151 times)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 17:32 BST (UK) »
I will try to get to squeeze in a trip to the Archives for you at some point between now and next week.  They will have the microfilm giving exact location of the grave.

I am going to do my best to find this and feel confident that this should be easy once I get to the Archives.

So fear not - we will get the Bowey clan to the right grave eventually. :)

xinia, you can be assured that once RTL gets her teeth into something she doesn't give up easily  ;D

I will be 'the toon' next week, but I don't think I'll have time to get to the Archives  :(
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 19:04 BST (UK) »
brilliant...

these people are coming together from all over!?  USA included ...wow

xin

you all deserve a medal xxx

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hello just wanted to come on finally now ive found my details and say a huge thank you for everyones help in finding out about my gg grandad Matthew Wardle Bowey, thanks to xinia for posting this.
I am really looking forward to meeting up with all my distant cousins in August so will be fantastic to be able to see where he lived and was buried. xxx

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 16:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry me again, another one of my cousins that is coming over from Canada has contacted bereavement services also and was told the same that the records don't go back that far and also that the plot number we gave doesn't correspond with any grave number they have? Does anyone know why this could be? Sorry to hound you now, Im just a little excited! thanks x

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 16:49 BST (UK) »
Ah  :) there you are -- right I will leave this in your capable hands now.. Whilst I continue my hunts for Clarkes and co.. xxxxx

xin

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 17:26 BST (UK) »
I am glad you are online.  The records do go back that far.  The microfilm has turned up - hold on I am going to do the look up.  Will get back to you in a few minures!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 17:45 BST (UK) »
Found it!

Microfilm 1377 at Newcastle City library

Heaton Cemetery
Entry No: 6375
Matthew Wardle Bowey
Age 60
Date of Death: 29th March
Where death occurred: 49 Spence Street, Heaton
Looks like Section F (this letter is written in a peculiar way but staff member and I both think this is an F
Number of grave: 159
Date of burial: 1st April
Ceremony performed by: J Robertson
Signature of person making burial entry: Jos. Marshall

Sorry, I thought this was the grave number when I looked at the indexes earlier during this post but it turns out to have been the entry number :-[.

Still, we got there in the end. :). I don't know why burial services say records do not go back that far - do they perhaps mean that they do not hold records that far back.  Anyone can see this record at Newcastle library and Tyne and Wear Archives will have this record too.

You will be able to view this record for yourself when you come to Newcastle for the clan meeting!  I hope you all enjoy your time in the North East. :)

Best Wishes :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 18:05 BST (UK) »

Wow

Brilliant..

sitting with mouth wide open 
###

ha ha ha

xin wow    ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 18:09 BST (UK) »
I think that Bereavement Services must surely mean that the records they hold in their office the don’t go back that far, as it’s clear from the Tyne &Wear user guides that the Archives hold records for this cemetery dating back to 1890.

Of course all of this doesn’t mean there is a memorial stone but at least thanks to RTL’s efforts you know which section he’s in.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk