Author Topic: 1939 Register on Ancestry  (Read 15668 times)

Offline bikermickau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Register on Ancestry
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 15:50 BST (UK) »
Great News

I've checked out a few of my lot, will have a good look when I get a chance.

I'm not surprised that my wife's Father record is closed as he died here in Australia, 2 of his siblings who died in the past couple of years in Warwickshire are also still closed.
Jeffs - Northamptonshire to Leicestershire to Queensland, Australia
Lewis - Wales to Gloucestershire to NSW & Queensland, Australia
Iddols & Baylis - Gloucestershire
Mary Jones, daughter of James Jones and Eliza - born abt 1864 Staffordshire, died 1948 Queensland, Australia
Dorans - Ireland to Scotland to Queensland, Australia
Ralph - Ireland to Scotland to Queensland, Australia
Jillett - Robert, Transported Convict from Surrey
Christison - Edinburgh,Scotland
Cameron - Edinburgh, Scotland

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
  • At least one of my ancestors was glamorous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 18:29 BST (UK) »
Spotted the email at lunchtime today and wished the afternoon away until I could get out of work and do some research!

Interesting finds looking at my father and uncle - both born in the same month - my father (dead for over 2 years) can not be viewed yet my uncle who is very much alive can be viewed???!!!
Wilson in the Lancaster area
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Nunn in Norfolk and Co Durham
Smith in Glasgow
Haig in Peebles/Edinburgh
Also Nelson, Gardener, Garnett, Blair, Coleman, Aaronson and many more as the branches expand!

Census info is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
It seems the Ancestry images are very out of date, numerous redactions that have been opened are still redacted on Ancestry.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 19:24 BST (UK) »
It seems the Ancestry images are very out of date, numerous redactions that have been opened are still redacted on Ancestry.
Cheers
Guy

Agree but in my families case it's the other way round! My uncle age 86 and alive is visible
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Smith in Glasgow
Also Nelson, Gardener, Garnett, Blair, Coleman, Aaronson and many more as the branches expand!

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
Cheers
Guy

Agree but in my families case it's the other way round! My uncle age 86 and alive is visible

Is that the same on FindMyPast - is he shown on that as well?

I agree with Guy, the image on Ancestry that shows my grandfather is the one that was originally there when FindMyPast first had the 1939 register. It is now different with my grandmother and 3 uncles' details open.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 20:17 BST (UK) »
M
Cheers
Guy
My friend's uncle who died in 2016 and which FindMyPast opened when I supplied a copy of the death certificate is open on Ancestry and one of his sisters who died last July and was, quite correctly, closed when requested her brother's entry be opened, is now open on both Ancestry and FindMyPast.  So there seems to be some anomalies on which data has been updated on the Ancestry copy and which hasn't.  Not sure where FindMyPast have confirmed the death as we've not submitted a request for it to be opened although my friend does have a copy of the death certificate.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 21:08 BST (UK) »
Cheers
Guy

Is that the same on FindMyPast - is he shown on that as well?

I haven't looked at FindMyPast recently but when the 1939 was first released my uncle was NOT visible there yet he is now on Ancestry and is ALIVE.
My aunt was also NOT originally visible on FindMyPast but is now on ancestry (she died around 1995)
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Smith in Glasgow

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 22:34 BST (UK) »
I found a woman on the Ancestry 1939 register that I could not find on FindMyPast. The wife of my 3xgreat uncle. Not found the uncle yet but maybe he was abroad. She said she was married but hubby not with her.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hello BugBear

Sorry for the delay in replying - have checked out wife's details on this register (Ancestry) and she has been included in the next household even though the original is clear and legible.
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more