Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 75984 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 08:56 BST (UK) »
St Cuthbert RC baptism
Jacobus Battista
Born 18 August 1899
Bapt 6 Sept 1899
Son of Joannis & Elizabethae (Helene?) olim Lawson
Grandparents Donatus Alvini & Jane Reid
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
What amazing work you've done RTL! For Lily Battista's record on July 17th, 1902, perhaps he was still alive in 1902 and still living in England.

"do you have any further thoughts Battista - based on research found to date?"

Hmm, apart from the above, not at the moment. Still processing what's been listed here already, I'm sure there's some new angle to look into with all of this info...

I've been looking at Italian records, a very kind and talented person who is interested in families from Cassino, Italy managed to find Giovanni's birth records, as well as both his parent's names and all his siblings'  birth records (2 of which I didn't know existed)!

His parents names are:
Antonio Battista (which you already found) from Capua, Italy.
Angela Pirollo from Cassino, Italy

He also found all four of his grandparents, I never thought I'd get back that far in my Italian line!

Turns out Giovanni was born in Cassino, not Rocca d'Arce.

Still trying to locate death records for Giovanni in Italy, so far can't find anything. But, I'm not experienced with looking through them, it has to be done manually, they're not transcribed online...

Battista
Lawson

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jen for the compliment! :)

If I were Battista, although I would not limit myself to this - I would be particularly focussing on 1902 given findings to date.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 09:04 BST (UK) »
For Lily Battista's record on July 17th, 1902, perhaps he was still alive in 1902 and still living in England.

The record show he was living at Turpin's Bank, which was a street in North Shields.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 09:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you also Battista for the compliment! :)

There is a lot to process now, that's true.
I have more to send but I am pushed for time right now so may not get chance to send til tomorrow. :)

My Great Grandfather's sister was in the workhouse hospital during same time as some of your ancestors.  Who knows, perhaps they may have met. :) I was also born in this building when it became a hospital and so was my son.  It has since been knocked down and housing is in its place.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 09:19 BST (UK) »
For Lily Battista's record on July 17th, 1902, perhaps he was still alive in 1902 and still living in England.

The record show he was living at Turpin's Bank, which was a street in North Shields.

Just for the record I have pin-pointed Turpin's Bank on this old map https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/435876/568287/13/101249
(If a blue square appears on the map just click on the left-hand of the two blue squares top right of the page - as you put your cursor on it, it will say 'Switch Print Extent Off')

Turpins Bank was one of many banks and stairs which led up the steep slope from the Quayside into the town proper.

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 09:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jen for the compliment! :)

If I were Battista, although I would not limit myself to this - I would be particularly focussing on 1902 given findings to date.

Hmm yes, 1902 is the last seen date. Still in England too. If he died in England, why would there be no record of his death...

Thank you also Battista for the compliment! :)

There is a lot to process now, that's true.
I have more to send but I am pushed for time right now so may not get chance to send til tomorrow. :)

My Great Grandfather's sister was in the workhouse hospital during same time as some of your ancestors.  Who knows, perhaps they may have met. :) I was also born in this building when it became a hospital and so was my son.  It has since been knocked down and housing is in its place.

Ok, I look forward to further info! :)

Maybe they met! Interesting to think. Ah, so you have a bit of a family connection to the building :)

Just for the record I have pin-pointed Turpin's Bank on this old map https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/435876/568287/13/101249
(If a blue square appears on the map just click on the left-hand of the two blue squares top right of the page - as you put your cursor on it, it will say 'Switch Print Extent Off')

Turpins Bank was one of many banks and stairs which led up the steep slope from the Quayside into the town proper.

It says I need to subscribe to see the map.
Battista
Lawson

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 10:02 BST (UK) »
Christ Church, North Shields marriage:
Robert Guthrie & Orsolina Spence
December 26th 1918
His age 27
Her age 33
3 Norfolk Street for both
Bachelor & Widow
Fireman (R. N. (P. T. ?) )
Residence for both: 3 Norfolk Street
Fathers:
Giovanni Battista - Tailor (deceased)
Robert Guthrie - Fireman
Witnesses: G (?) Murray & Elizabeth Guthrie
All signed

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 10:19 BST (UK) »
It says I need to subscribe to see the map.

Sorry, I forgot to add that if it says that then you need to click on the zoom out 'minus' button top left of the map. This will enable you, as a non subscriber, to see the map (I am not a subscriber either  :) )