Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 76041 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #261 on: Saturday 03 November 18 09:52 GMT (UK) »
I have just had another possible idea! :D

Do either of you have Pasqualino's baptism entry?  Or do you know where he may have been baptised? Catholics are very good at cross referencing.

I have just recalled that when I found my own Dad's baptism at an RC Church, when at the archives, in the left hand margin was a reference to his marriage to my Mother at another RC Church.  They had actually married the first time in a registry office but the local priest was not happy about this and got them to go through a second ceremony.  Dad's baptism entry gave no mention of the registry office marriage - only the RC marriage entry details.

If I recall rightly, didn't Pasqualino's brothers have references to their future marriages in their baptism records which I found too?

If I can find Pasqualino's baptism (hopefully RC for this purpose) this may have his first marriage referenced if he was the one who married Marieta.  At that point in time he would have had nothing to hide in such a case.  So it might be possible that when/if he was the one who married Marieta the priest would have wanted to know where he had been baptised.  Then possibly this information may have been sent to that Church for the priest to cross reference marriage in Pasqualino's baptism entry.

This may have been why he not  marry Mary Elizabeth in a RC Church perhaps -  because of sticky questions which may have been asked by any priest.

Perhaps I could also check the marriage entry too just in case Pasqualino's baptism may also have been cross referenced on there. 

I will be able to check the next time I can get to the archives - as I have mentioned I am doing a run of nightshifts at the moment - but expect this archive trip could be fitted in at some point over next few weeks.

It might be helpful if you might know his date of birth so I can start searching from that point.  I really hope he was RC baptised - if he was we may be able to find out if he was Marieta's husband.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Saturday 03 November 18 10:35 GMT (UK) »
I have just had another possible idea! :D

Do either of you have Pasqualino's baptism entry?  Or do you know where he may have been baptised? Catholics are very good at cross referencing.

I have just recalled that when I found my own Dad's baptism at an RC Church, when at the archives, in the left hand margin was a reference to his marriage to my Mother at another RC Church.  They had actually married the first time in a registry office but the local priest was not happy about this and got them to go through a second ceremony.  Dad's baptism entry gave no mention of the registry office marriage - only the RC marriage entry details.

Like this? https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=801843.msg6596431#msg6596431
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Saturday 03 November 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »

Like this? https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=801843.msg6596431#msg6596431

The parish where the person was baptised would be contacted to check the register to make sure they had been baptised then the note was added to the baptism register

I even have one where the groom's baptism entry (in Liverpool) was annotated to show that he had married in Kitchener, Ontario.  So distance was not a problem :-)

Boo

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Saturday 03 November 18 11:37 GMT (UK) »
@Tickettyboo Yes, you are correct. The first two records I posted were GRO issued, so are copies.

Not sure if I ever posted the image of the Chelsea Giovanni death, so here it is:

15 years off, born approx. 1860. Name is Giovani Batista (two ts instead of three). Death record though, so certainly could be inaccurate. Someone here (or elsewhere) said they looked up this death in the newspapers and he was named as Swiss-Italian?
Battista
Lawson

Offline Love&Leaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Saturday 03 November 18 14:42 GMT (UK) »
I don't have a baptism for Pasqualino but definitely another good idea - he was born in Numbers Garth, Bishopswearmouth. 

Battista - was the informant for that Giovanni death his wife Camila?  Have I got the right one?
Walton, Battista, Moss, Maybury, Armstrong, Walker, Greenup, Norman, Holliday, Steele, Palmer, Graham, Sieverdink

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Saturday 03 November 18 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Battista - was the informant for that Giovanni death his wife Camila?  Have I got the right one?

The cert. Battista posted shows the informant was the Coroner for London (see column 7)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Saturday 03 November 18 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I don't have a baptism for Pasqualino but definitely another good idea - he was born in Numbers Garth, Bishopswearmouth. 

Looking at a map of the location of Number's Garth, I'd hazard a guess that the nearest Roman Catholic church at the time would have been St Patrick's, followed by St Mary's.

Offline Love&Leaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Sunday 04 November 18 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jen - I didn't realise you could scroll across the image!  :-[. Shame there isn't anything definite on that certificate it certainly seems a possibility it could be our Giovanni.

Does Bishopswearmouth come under Tyne & Wear archives?  Would a baptism record be there?  I've also come across a few RC baptisms that record marriages next to them.
Walton, Battista, Moss, Maybury, Armstrong, Walker, Greenup, Norman, Holliday, Steele, Palmer, Graham, Sieverdink

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Sunday 04 November 18 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Does Bishopswearmouth come under Tyne & Wear archives?  Would a baptism record be there?  I've also come across a few RC baptisms that record marriages next to them.

Tyne & Wear Userguides  https://twarchives.org.uk/collection/user-guides-and-information
Check on Roman Catholic registers.