Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 76366 times)

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday 27 February 19 20:56 GMT (UK) »
So disappointed - the only records for St. Augustine, Fenham held at Woodhorn are baptisms 1945-1983.  :'(

So, if neither TWAS nor Woodhorn have the marriages it seems likely that they are still at the church.

Christine

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: Thursday 28 February 19 09:43 GMT (UK) »
That is disappointing Christine, but I very much appreciate anyway that you were willing to help.  Thank you so much.

Yes, Boo I think the same as you re Lily not claiming if Frank Vincent Spence was really her husband.  Since his parents are recorded as Giovanni and Elizabeth Battista
and the siblings are the ones Vincent had I do tend to think this was Vincent.  It is all very mysterious!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: Thursday 28 February 19 09:58 GMT (UK) »
http://www.donmouth.co.uk/local_history/great_war_football/munitionette_players.html

Hey Sophie and Battista clan - I see there was a munitionette called Grace Battista in Newcastle who played football in charity matches during the Great War.

See below for details of matches played:

http://www.donmouth.co.uk/local_history/great_war_football/munitionettes.html
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: Thursday 28 February 19 10:02 GMT (UK) »
http://www.donmouth.co.uk/local_history/great_war_football/munitionette_players.html

Hey Sophie and Battista clan - I see there was a munitionette called Grace Battista in Newcastle who played football in charity matches during the Great War.

See below for details of matches played:

http://www.donmouth.co.uk/local_history/great_war_football/munitionettes.html

Could be Grace Battista, daughter of Vincenzo, niece of Giovanni. She was born in 1897, seems to be the correct age?
Battista
Lawson

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: Thursday 28 February 19 20:18 GMT (UK) »
I have checked the GRO site and Grace's mmn was Armstrong, so would she not have been Antonio's daughter?

http://www.marriage-locator.co.uk/cgi-bin/ML_search.cgi?year=1910&qtr=2&vol=10b&page=91&search=search

One thing I am wondering about the 1910 marriage of Francis Spence is that this is covered under the Marriage Locator website.  I wonder where the person got the records from since Tyne and Wear and Northumberland Archives don't hold this marriage record.  Might the person have actually gone to the Church to work their way through the registers, I wonder?

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: Thursday 28 February 19 22:29 GMT (UK) »
I don't think they use the church records.  There is some clever way of calculating the church from the GRO records.  It was once explained to me but was very complicated and I've forgotten how  :-\

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: Friday 01 March 19 00:10 GMT (UK) »
The Marriage Locator site explains how they do it, and it seems they do view the registers:

"Each [volunteer] chooses a Registration District to work on, and visits the County Record Office..."

http://www.marriage-locator.co.uk/principles.html

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: Friday 01 March 19 00:17 GMT (UK) »
I have checked the GRO site and Grace's mmn was Armstrong, so would she not have been Antonio's daughter?

Vincenzo is married to Mary Jane Armstrong, Antonio is married to Cristina (Fancredi) D'Andrea.
Battista
Lawson

Offline Love&Leaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: Friday 01 March 19 07:54 GMT (UK) »
Some more great work - thank you RTL, Christine et al  :D

Just to confirm Grace Battista is definitely Vincenzo's youngest daughter.  She worked at Elswick Munitions with her 3 of her sisters - Eliza, Lizzie & Marianna.  They all played for the football team!

"mmn" is mothers maiden name - Mary Jane was Mary Jane Armstrong.

Vincenzo's son Antonio married a Margaret Grace and their eldest was also called (Margaret) Grace known as Grace.
Walton, Battista, Moss, Maybury, Armstrong, Walker, Greenup, Norman, Holliday, Steele, Palmer, Graham, Sieverdink