Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 76057 times)

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #378 on: Thursday 07 March 19 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hey all, will have to eventually wrap my head around the Frank Spence stuff.

I'm not entirely sure if this was already in the thread (having a hard time searching over mobile), but would anyone happen to know how to locate Pasqualino's (son of Giovanni) baptismal record?

Birth date: 16 OCT 1878

I'd like to see if he was baptised as Pasquale or Pasqualino.
Birthplace: North Bishop Wearmouth
Battista
Lawson

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: Thursday 07 March 19 23:17 GMT (UK) »

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: Thursday 07 March 19 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Could this be Pasquale?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NLZR-6LV

Boo

That certainly looks like him. Although, I wonder why all those names are so butchered. I wonder if I could get a copy of the original.

Thanks Boo! Sometimes I forget to use FamilySearch...
Battista
Lawson

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: Friday 08 March 19 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Regarding names being 'butchered'. At a guess, its probably something do do with accents. The priest was likely Irish, the father was Italian and they were living in the north east which has an accent of its own :-)

Add in the fact that its an RC Church and the register was written with latinised names they did reasonably well :-)

As that transcript has a baptism date of Sep 1878 and a birth date of 15 Oct 1878  you can possibly chuck bad writing into the mix too. (Baptism before birth is an unlikely scenario)

It looks like you can view the registers at an FHC. If the contractual agreement also allows download I'll see what I can do next time I go. Though our local one is only open to non members on Tuesdays and its not always possible for me to get there every week so that could take a couple of weeks.

Boo

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: Friday 08 March 19 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Massive thanks to Boo, Jen and Christine and as always to RTL.

I am very much an 'also-ran' in this search. It's RTL who is leading the charge!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: Friday 08 March 19 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi battista,

I know this is getting to be a really long thread now but I did go to the archives a while back to locate this baptism.

You can see this on page 31 post 272 on here. 

Jen kindly advised on this which helped me locate Church more easily.  Team work!  :) ;)

If you would like a copy of original Tyne and Wear Archives staff say they charge £7.  They say to email if so, giving name, place and very importantly, date of baptism.

You commented on this on post 284.  As it is such a long thread though I don't blame you for forgetting. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 14:19 GMT (UK) »
http://donmouth.co.uk/womens_football/blyth_spartans.html

Someone has just informed me that 'G. Battista' (Grace) is also shown on this site.  Her football team (Armstrong- Whitworth) played against the Blyth Spartans on 5 November 1918.

(Takes a lot of scrolling to get to it).
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 14:58 GMT (UK) »
http://donmouth.co.uk/womens_football/blyth_spartans.html

Someone has just informed me that 'G. Battista' (Grace) is also shown on this site.  Her football team (Armstrong- Whitworth) played against the Blyth Spartans on 5 November 1918.

(Takes a lot of scrolling to get to it).

To avoid the scrolling press CTRL and F and type Battista in the search box that pops up (takes you straight to it ) -  CTRL F works on any page of text.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this Boo - I did not know about this way of avoiding scrolling so this has been helpful.  I don't think I can do this on the Kindle but I can see that I can do this on a computer.  I am sure this will be quite helpful to me in the future trying to find things on-line. 

Incidentally, a local football historian who I was talking to yesterday told me there are likely to be photos of the Armstrong Whitworth team in local newspapers such as the Illustrated Chronicle.  I had a quick check and sure enough in one edition of the Illustrated Chronicle dated Monday, 29 October 1917 there were photos of this team and their opponents in the Wallsend Slipway team.  I would have no idea though which girl might be Grace Battista in the photographs.