Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 76310 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #441 on: Monday 08 April 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
That is great Elliesboys. :)

This might be irrelevant as you may already have the record but if you want to see the original of your Grandfather's marriage entry - you can see this in the Percy Main, St John, volume 1942-1945 at North Shields local studies.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline elliesboys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: Monday 08 April 19 11:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you! As silly as it sounds I just wish there was a way I could go back in time just for 1 day!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I would love to experience the whole 1920's seeing my family and watching what they got up too. The more I read on the thread you's have posted Its just amazing :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: Monday 08 April 19 12:07 BST (UK) »
Yes, I would like to time travel, even for just one day, too.  It would be great to go back in time to meet ancestors.

Even though the Battistas are not my ancestors I think their story is quite fascinating.  There are so many puzzles. ???  For example, the daughter of Giovanni is quite an enigma too.  We still don't know how she came to be E. Moralee.  It would appear that she left the workhouse with a W. Brabant and later returned with a son called John to the workhouse.  The entry records that Father William was a tailor.  Could this mean that this was her child's Father or might this be Giovanni using an alias?

I have come across some newspaper accounts of a Jacob Miller involved in some petty crime with John George.  (Although, he did state that he was only carrying whatever for Battista ;D) I suppose I will never know for definite but from name, location and age I suspect he might have been one of my ancestors - the Grandson of my Great Grandfather's sister to be exact (Mary Watson nee Conroy).
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline elliesboys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: Monday 08 April 19 12:20 BST (UK) »
Its just crazy! That could mean your my family ;D ;D ;D ;D We do believe my Grandad must have been named after His uncle John George. Its to much of a coincidence. Also without me knowing all this I have a son James!!!!  :)

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: Monday 08 April 19 12:23 BST (UK) »
Its just crazy! That could mean your my family ;D ;D ;D ;D We do believe my Grandad must have been named after His uncle John George. Its to much of a coincidence. Also without me knowing all this I have a son James!!!!  :)

Jacob Miller was an 'acquaintance' of John George Battista, family by crime maybe, not blood :P
Battista
Lawson

Offline elliesboys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: Monday 08 April 19 12:26 BST (UK) »
Sorry that was what you said!!!  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: Monday 08 April 19 12:32 BST (UK) »
No problem.  He might have just been 'carrying' the goods for Battista - however since this alibi seems to have been used more than once - I am not so sure.   ;D. I know I shouldn't laugh at crime but I suppose it is alright to be a bit amused at this excuse in a historical context. ;) ;D

Offline elliesboys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: Monday 08 April 19 17:28 BST (UK) »
Sorry for late reply! On there wedding certificate it just had lines for fathers name and fathers occupation!! Just my Grandmothers fathers details are there. The witnesses are Sam Johnstone and Agnes Hare.  :)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: Monday 08 April 19 17:35 BST (UK) »
Sorry for late reply! On there wedding certificate it just had lines for fathers name and fathers occupation!! Just my Grandmothers fathers details are there. The witnesses are Sam Johnstone and Agnes Hare.  :)

Presumably you are talking of John George Playford's 1943 marriage certificate?

The one we were really hoping you've got is the James Battista - Dorothy Playford certficate  :) (reply #436)

Elliesboys, do you have a copy of James and Dorothy's marriage certificate?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk