Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 76067 times)

Offline Love&Leaves

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #513 on: Sunday 08 December 19 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Fab idea RTL - that would be great thank you... did have a quick look on Findmypast but can't see anything.

Don't have a definite death date but the registry entry is July 1983, district is Durham Eastern.

But do have an Ancestry contact who appears to be descended from one of James son's by Lily - watch this space!  :)

Walton, Battista, Moss, Maybury, Armstrong, Walker, Greenup, Norman, Holliday, Steele, Palmer, Graham, Sieverdink

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: Sunday 08 December 19 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Don't have a definite death date but the registry entry is July 1983, district is Durham Eastern.

I thought you said you'd got his death certificate? That should contain the date and place of death/
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Love&Leaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: Sunday 08 December 19 09:07 GMT (UK) »
 Oh yes!!  Sorry  :-[.  Its 7th August 1983!!
Walton, Battista, Moss, Maybury, Armstrong, Walker, Greenup, Norman, Holliday, Steele, Palmer, Graham, Sieverdink

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: Sunday 08 December 19 09:11 GMT (UK) »
The place of death?

Offline Love&Leaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: Sunday 08 December 19 09:31 GMT (UK) »
It says Seaham I think... County Durham. 

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: Sunday 08 December 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
The next time I can get to the Newcastle library I will check the Evening Chronicle just in case.  However, I think if he died in Seaham any notice might be in another newspaper which will not be at the library.  I am not sure but perhaps the Sunderland newspaper, if this might be sold in Seaham. 

I hope there might be a RootsChatter who might know if this might know if the Sunderland newspaper is sold there. 

Also, if so, possibly if there might be a RootsChatter in the Sunderland area they might be willing to check for a notice in the Sunderland local studies.

I am not sure where someone in the Seaham area might be buried/cremated?  I have feeling in might be outside the area records held by Tyne and Wear Archives.

In your and Elliesboys enquiries, at least you know from your other thread that James' war service record shows that he had a finger or two amputated.  This should certainly help in identifying if Thomas was really James if you can locate someone who might have known him.

I will get back at some point in the next few weeks when I can next fit in with Newcastle libraries opening times and have  checked the EC paper.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: Sunday 08 December 19 14:59 GMT (UK) »
The next time I can get to the Newcastle library I will check the Evening Chronicle just in case.  However, I think if he died in Seaham any notice might be in another newspaper which will not be at the library.  I am not sure but perhaps the Sunderland newspaper, if this might be sold in Seaham. 

To save you looking, the EC is online for August 1983, so I've looked though each issue from 9th to 20th August, nothing found I'm afraid.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: Sunday 08 December 19 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Jen.  At least you have saved me some time checking out the Newcastle paper.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: Sunday 08 December 19 15:48 GMT (UK) »
https://www2.darlington.gov.uk/documents/20528/40284/Newspapers+in+stock.pdf/d12409f8-1b53-41fb-85d4-1d440f3ee48f

Sophie, do you think it might be worth a try putting out another (look up) thread to see if it might be possible for someone to visit the Darlington local studies.  I think the newspaper for Seaham might be the Northern Echo.  I think this library/local studies might hold the editions which might have a (possible) death notice for him.  Asking on this thread might not come to the notice of someone who might be able to undertake this - that is why I am wondering if another thread might be best?

Hopefully, if he could be linked to 'Lily' this might clinch things better for you and Elliesboys.