Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 76068 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #594 on: Thursday 27 January 22 08:46 GMT (UK) »
And that's  a great find Jomot! 

Yes, James may not have been up to speed on the current husband of Lily or just confused.

Perhaps, I am just tired and missing something on way home from nightshift but who is Ethel Hunter?  Is she significant in some way?
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: Thursday 27 January 22 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Ethel Hunter is someone who happens to be living in the same house as Robert and Lily/Orsolina Guthrie at the time of the 1921 census (as revealed by Boo doing some firkling with the free search).

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: Thursday 27 January 22 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Oh so she might just be a lodger and no one of particular significance, but then again you never know, with all the twists and turns in this story.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: Thursday 27 January 22 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Oh so she might just be a lodger and no one of particular significance, but then again you never know, with all the twists and turns in this story.

Quite  :-X
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: Thursday 27 January 22 09:21 GMT (UK) »
I was trying to show that, despite what many people seem to think, the 1921 census though PPV (which was expected) is not a 'rip off' and with a bit of imaginative firkling you can be reasonably sure that any record you decide to buy will be the one you were looking for.

Ethel could be a lodger/visitor/ a married relation of either Lily or Robert -  I don't know - as you say all things are possible with this family :-)
 She could have been living there permanently or just there overnight but she is with them in 1921.  Though I don't know which number, they 'are' in Norfolk St., and they were the only 3 people recorded in the house that night.

I've bought a few images and firkled extensively each time prior to buying - which was worthwhile as each one has been the one I wanted.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: Thursday 27 January 22 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I agree it is not a rip off - a lot of hard work went into getting this out by all accounts.

By the way, when I checked it seems that James was indeed still in the workhouse in July 1921.  I went through to end of January 1922 and could find no discharge up to that 100 closure point.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #600 on: Thursday 27 January 22 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Searching the 1921 for James with no other information but his name and 'inmate' brings up the North Shields record already mentioned, so it does seem very likely he was still in the workhouse as suggested.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: Thursday 27 January 22 15:17 GMT (UK) »

(Incidentally, I think this post will make me a marquessate :D.. just marking the day😉)

Congratulations RTL, you certainly deserve it, for your help with this thread alone. ;D

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: Saturday 29 January 22 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Tillypeg.  Hopefully, this thread will get solved one of these days. :)